Author Topic: Hello From New York  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
Re: Hello From New York
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 07:35:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey neighbors! I'm in Sunnyside!

Hi!  We're close neighbors !

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »
We're all so close to each other  :D

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »
Hey neighbors! I'm in Sunnyside!

Hi!  We're close neighbors !

We're all so close to each other  :D

So, don't you guys just wish U2 had played at Shea Stadium?
They'd almost literally be in my backyard!  :o
They probably would have even hung out in one of our neighborhoods after the show.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
Citi Field is literally 2 miles from school  :D

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »
Citi Field would have been great.  I think about that everytime I pass by it.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »
Hey Abbey, my best friend is from Queens! Another friend is from the Bronx. I lived in Manhattan and I attended the Fashion Institute of Technology there . I live just across the river with my family now near the Meadowlands. I can still see my beloved Manhattan skyline from my window though!  ;D  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:27:13 PM by StrongGirl »

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
The area around Woodside is the geographic center of New York City. I bet if U2 knew that they'd be keen to play here. But perhaps the logistics weren't going to work in that stadium.

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 10:33:38 PM »
Citi Field would have been great!  The Meadowlands is just too freaking big, even with the giant claw!

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 08:52:45 AM »
Citi Field would have been great!  The Meadowlands is just too freaking big, even with the giant claw!

If for no other reason I wish they'd played at Citi for the better transportation. Even Yankee Stadium would've been better. Getting out of Giants Stadium last time on the train was a nightmare.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »
Welcome new member

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »
Hello.  I have been a regular visitor to the site for a while now but just registered for the forums.  Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Welcome to the Forum!! We are all happy to have you here. Enjoy your time

HUGS

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »
Thank you everyone   :)

sw, you must have been at the first night at the Meadowlands last year...I was at the second night and everything ran very smoothly with the trains.  I was nervous about it because I'd heard about the chaos the night before.

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »

sw, you must have been at the first night at the Meadowlands last year...I was at the second night and everything ran very smoothly with the trains.  I was nervous about it because I'd heard about the chaos the night before.

I was at both nights. Yes, the first night was horrible. They were woefully unprepared for the crowds. We also made the mistake of stopping to chat with friends in the parking lot instead of making a beeline for the train. The second night, I hate to admit, we left just before it was completely over. But I had to work the next day and by that time I was pretty tired so we made a run for it.

Next time I am going with friends who will have their cars but may end up taking trains home.

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 04:39:07 PM »

I was at both nights. Yes, the first night was horrible. They were woefully unprepared for the crowds. We also made the mistake of stopping to chat with friends in the parking lot instead of making a beeline for the train. The second night, I hate to admit, we left just before it was completely over. But I had to work the next day and by that time I was pretty tired so we made a run for it.

Next time I am going with friends who will have their cars but may end up taking trains home.

Both nights!  You're so lucky!

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »

Both nights!  You're so lucky!

I used fan club presale for one, and a friend used some other presale for the other night...I think he got an offer from the Meadowlands. We got the $100 seats each time, one night was behind the stage; the second night we were a few sections over on Adam's side but high up in the section (the 100-level). I'm glad I went because there were some variations in the set list but the sound was bad, being under the overhang. I check for this now when I buy tickets--for example Nashville doesn't have an overhang so I didn't mind taking regular seats for that show (which worked out good because the friend I am going with will be 6 months pregnant by then and there's no way she'd want to do GA for that).

Sorry rambling so much, am watching NY1 red carpet coverage of the Tonys. Saw Reeve Carney and Jennifer Damiano a while ago but no BEdge yet.