Author Topic: Hello From New York  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
Re: Hello From New York
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 05:36:05 PM »
You're not rambling sw, I'm interested in what you're saying about the seats.  I always wondered..were the behind the stage seats worth it?  The band didn't seem to pay much attention to the back, I thought.  I also had u2.com presale tix but I was farther away, in the first row of the 200 level, towards Adam's side.  But with the size of the Meadowlands, I wish I'd have been closer...could have had tix closer to the stage but behind it and I just wasn't sure at the time.  For the upcoming concert in July I have really crap seats!  I was away on vacation when the presale was held and I didn't even know until I got back or I would have found access to a computer somewhere!  

Anyway thanks for reminding me about the Tony's, I'm going to turn it on now.

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 05:41:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You're not rambling sw, I'm interested in what you're saying about the seats.  I always wondered..were the behind the stage seats worth it?  The band didn't seem to pay much attention to the back, I thought.  I also had u2.com presale tix but I was farther away, in the first row of the 200 level, towards Adam's side.  But with the size of the Meadowlands, I wish I'd have been closer...could have had tix closer to the stage but behind it and I just wasn't sure at the time.  For the upcoming concert in July I have really crap seats!  I was away on vacation when the presale was held and I didn't even know until I got back or I would have found access to a computer somewhere!  

I had a great time in those behind-the-stage seats. I was just so happy to see them. The sound was fantastic because we were in a low enough row that we weren't under the overhang. I was a little disappointed that the stage didn't turn--I don't know why but that's what I thought was going to happen--and it's true they didn't really get to that area very much. Have you tried looking for other seats and the selling the ones you have? There could be a ticket drop at some point.

Didn't see BEdge on NY1 and now, oddly, they are on to regular news. I think there are some awards being given out starting at 7:30 but are not broadcast on TV. In fact I just switched to channel 2 now.

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »

I had a great time in those behind-the-stage seats. I was just so happy to see them. The sound was fantastic because we were in a low enough row that we weren't under the overhang. I was a little disappointed that the stage didn't turn--I don't know why but that's what I thought was going to happen--and it's true they didn't really get to that area very much. Have you tried looking for other seats and the selling the ones you have? There could be a ticket drop at some point.

Didn't see BEdge on NY1 and now, oddly, they are on to regular news. I think there are some awards being given out starting at 7:30 but are not broadcast on TV. In fact I just switched to channel 2 now.

I think the reason you might have thought the stage would turn was because in my opinion it was implied..I mean "360 Tour"...and it's not impossible...my husband saw Yes "In The Round" concert many years ago and the stage actually slowly rotated.  I think U2 should have done that.  I wasn't sure when I ordered the tix for 2009 so I played it safe and didn't get those behind the stage tix.  With the current tour, as I said, I missed out on the presale and all I could get was really really crap seats in the boon docks.  Actually I did trade these in for just really crappy seats in the boondocks  :)    Honestly, I am just happy to be going to see them again!