Author Topic: No Line On The Horizon (song) appreciation thread!  (Read 485 times)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
No Line On The Horizon (song) appreciation thread!
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
C'mon. I know a lot of others disagree, but this song is my favorite on the album. It's better than Magnificent, Breathe...whatever. Wonderful opening song that I thought shuld be used for the show opener- and am still waiting on that...

The album NLOTH would be interesting if it had NLOTH2 as the closer- ending and beginning ith the same song, a reprise kind of. It'd sound pretty cool.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
Re: No Line On The Horizon (song) appreciation thread!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »
I originally did not like this song. But I've since come around after hearing it live on a 2009 bootleg. And then I liked NLOTH 2. Now I love all versions of it. :)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »
I originally hated the song, as I thought it was a dull, very boring version of NLOTH 2, which I LOVED at first listen.  But I came around and once I saw NLOTH live, I was convinced and now its one of my favorites of the decade  :)

Offline Mercurial

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
C'mon. I know a lot of others disagree, but this song is my favorite on the album. It's better than Magnificent, Breathe...whatever. Wonderful opening song that I thought shuld be used for the show opener- and am still waiting on that...

The album NLOTH would be interesting if it had NLOTH2 as the closer- ending and beginning ith the same song, a reprise kind of. It'd sound pretty cool.

I have the deluxe version and the last track is NLOTH 2, so I have mine set up that way. I like it and it works.