Poll

are you happy with the performance/setlist

Yes
67 (93.1%)
No
5 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Are you happy about Glasto?  (Read 4229 times)

The Grave

Are you happy about Glasto?
« on: June 24, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »
I've seen complaining and praising. What do you think?

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
Re: Are you happy about Glasto?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:07 PM »
Yay, first vote. I did enjoy it. Very, very much. :)

The Grave

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »
I voted yes

Offline hartroc

• Numb
  • Dreaming Out Loud
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »
It was phenomenal. I loved it.

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
The set-list was pretty predictable, but U2 played every song with their upmost power and passion.

I was surprised at some of the songs they played and didn't play, but overall the performance was amazing.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »
Setlist predictable but perfect for the show, band insane.

satellitedog01

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »
I'm happy it was a solid performance that pleased the local audience. Cannot vote for either option though as I don't know if it transcended that immediate situation, on a cultural level...

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
The glasto setlist SPOILER DO NOT OPEN IF U DONT WANT TO KNOW
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »
I was at the gig, approx 80 yards back, the sound mixing was awful, so quiet, edges guitar needed being turned up to 11. Bono was excellent tonight, they all were tbh but they had no impact where i was standing. I saw it back on the feed and it sounds a lot better. Streets was rushed you could hear the counts before the lead/rhythm kicked in, they should have either started with it or kept it in usual spot. Uteotw was great, the fly too, i just wasnt blown away, sound played a huge part though as they were excellent, but incredibly timid to me.

Offline Gonk

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm happy it was a solid performance that pleased the local audience. Cannot vote for either option though as I don't know if it transcended that immediate situation, on a cultural level...

How did you feel about the it, who cares about the cultural level  :)
Beside's, U2 is a tough sell for UK crowds right about now, there has been a a press backlash for the last couple of years so to see the crowd pogoing (?) like that in the fly...well I can assure you from a cynical UK view, transcending did occur :P .. granted it was no Red Rocks/Zoo TV etc. (on a cultural level I mean) but miles better than anyone else, IMO.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:02:26 PM by Gonk »

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »
Yes.

satellitedog01

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
I'm curious if it changes some of the press perspective in the UK  that's all.

Personally I didn't like the concert too much, because I'm tired of their hits, but I do think it was one of the right options they could've chosen, and a very professional performance that rocked all the way through and that's a feat. I hope it gets reruns on BBC for more skeptics to see and hear.

Offline weston

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »
It was another excellent gig from the lads.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
I voted yes as well. The one mistake they made in the set list (in my opinion) was Moment of Surrender which killed the mood and the momentum of the show. Had that been something like Magnificent or anything that wasn't at a funeral pace, it would have been an almost ideal show for the circumstances.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »
i agree, moment of surrender is a great song, but it didn't seem to fit that playlist. it was a purely 'look at the tunes we have given the world' set-list, and i thought there were a couple of tunes more appropriate such as discotheque or shadows and tall trees.  ;D. i do love those 2 tunes though.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

after looking at the audience, and the rest of the glastonbury crowd following the other bands; i feel a bit prejudiced, but do you not think they would never have been prepared for a 90's u2 assault? i don't give a sh*t what anyone says now, here, but that audience has changed for the worse: a lot of middle class 'people' who look like they're there just to say to their toff pals, "i was there". the crowd look a lot different from what i saw in the 90's at least.