Author Topic: Hey Jude - Lennon swearing on it  (Read 6445 times)

Offline TheFly

• Intellectual Tortoise
Hey Jude - Lennon swearing on it
« on: October 25, 2008, 06:57:42 AM »
Apparently, you can hear John Lennon saying something about the song being "a long f****r." I listened to the song repeatedly last night and couldn't hear anything distinctly enough to know for sure. Anyone else picked up on this?

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: Hey Jude - Lennon swearing on it
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:21:33 AM »
I am an older u2 fan and an even older beatles fan and never heard that myself or from other beatles fans, but maybe you are right, i will have to check that out...

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:20:23 AM »
Hmmm....  I've heard all kinds of things in the backgrounds of Beatles music-- like at the end of "I am the Walrus"-- something that sounds like "everybody get high."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 06:23:09 AM by Vox »

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:03:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hmmm....  I've heard all kinds of things in the backgrounds of Beatles music-- like at the end of "I am the Walrus"-- something that sounds like "everybody get high."

At the end of the song there are two groups singing over each other with one singing "Oompa, oompa, stick it in your jumper (jump-ah)" and the other singing "Everybody's got one, everybody's got one."  But with them mixing together it really sounds like "everbody smokes pot, everybody smokes pot" though I'm not sure if that was by design or not.

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Apparently, you can hear John Lennon saying something about the song being "a long f****r." I listened to the song repeatedly last night and couldn't hear anything distinctly enough to know for sure. Anyone else picked up on this?

It's in the last chorus, before the whole thing swells and launches into the fadeout. Lennon plays the wrong chord during the line When you begin * to make it better and, if I remember rightly, says "f***ing hell" at the point I've asterisked. It's not very distinct - or else it would have been edited out - but a bit of warning - once you spot it, you will never, ever un-spot it.

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 07:23:36 AM »
I just listened to the song and can concur that TraKianLite is right about the placement.  It's at 2:58 into the track (at least on the copy of it that I have on itunes).

Offline Gibsum 41

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »
I thought it was Paul swearing.