Author Topic: U2360 fancam  (Read 2039 times)

Offline eddy_621

• Babyface
U2360 fancam
« on: June 29, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
When they bring out the fancam, do they make an announcement to the whole stadium? I ask because the people in the seats seem to have no idea what's going on.

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
Re: U2360 fancam
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
I was wondering that to...this is what the email they sent me said...but I'm hoping there is some kind of announcement to let us know.

The U2360 FANCAM imaging is executed about fifteen minutes after the support act has left the stage - you will see a camera set up at the downstage area during this time and if you see the photographer rotating the camera, raise your hands towards the centre of the stage to get in the shot as it's taken! Make it a special 360 live moment to keep and share with your friends!

northstarjo

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
nope, just pay attention between the opening act/set change...that's why so many people aren't looking, have their backs to the camera, aren't in their seats....if you're high up or far away, its hard to tell what he's doing but now that I know, I realize I should have KNOWN it was the camera...

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »
i knew it was coming, i was sitting facing the camera...we were primed for everything.  and then the quality of the picture sucks.  i'm a blur.  as is my son.  i was dying to get a print out of the two of us at a u2 show.  i'm quite disappointed.  we were sitting lower bowl too.  Baltimore. 

northstarjo

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i knew it was coming, i was sitting facing the camera...we were primed for everything.  and then the quality of the picture sucks.  i'm a blur.  as is my son.  i was dying to get a print out of the two of us at a u2 show.  i'm quite disappointed.  we were sitting lower bowl too.  Baltimore. 

yeah, it sucks of me too from Winnipeg....actually glad I haven't been able to get it to tag me :P  - stupid tagging system

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 09:11:04 PM »
I'm going to be too far up to know when it's happening...why does it say to raise your  hands towards the stage to get in the shot? 

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »
When they bring out the fancam, do they make an announcement to the whole stadium? I ask because the people in the seats seem to have no idea what's going on.

It wasn't announced at the Baltimore concert.  But, there were signs before you entered the stadium, informing you.  That the concert was going to be video taped by U2 and etc.

Offline claytonmills49

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »
In Baltimore they had a message up on the Stadium video boards and as I explained the FanCam concept to a friend it turned out they were taking the pic of my section at the same time so there's a sweet shot of the back of my head.

The custom prints available are pretty sweet....the Baltimore one shows the city skyline in the backdrop.

Offline Abbey

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »
In Baltimore they had a message up on the Stadium video boards and as I explained the FanCam concept to a friend it turned out they were taking the pic of my section at the same time so there's a sweet shot of the back of my head.

The custom prints available are pretty sweet....the Baltimore one shows the city skyline in the backdrop.

LOL!

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »

Wow, thanks!   We were in section 513 behing the stage.    I didn't see the message.  I was too caught up in excitement.  My first U2 concert and I loved it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 07:52:52 PM by Inishfree »

Offline tinusleroux

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »

Sorry about that.
We take about 500 separate images to create the Fancam and with the stage as bouncy as it is, we do get a few out of focus.
All I can offer, is that you tag yourself and send me the link to tinus[at]gigapixelfancam[dot]com.
I'll have the production guys have a look at the source images - maybe we get lucky ;)

Offline tinusleroux

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »

yeah, it sucks of me too from Winnipeg....actually glad I haven't been able to get it to tag me :P  - stupid tagging system

Same suggestion as above. If you could send me a tag, I can have the guys look at the source images and update the Fancam.
Can't promise anything ... but we can try.

Also, any suggestions in regards to the tagging interface will be welcomed! Really!
With the product being so young, we're very open to any ideas and would love to get your input.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
Wow!  Impressive customer service!

northstarjo

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »

Same suggestion as above. If you could send me a tag, I can have the guys look at the source images and update the Fancam.
Can't promise anything ... but we can try.

Also, any suggestions in regards to the tagging interface will be welcomed! Really!
With the product being so young, we're very open to any ideas and would love to get your input.

hey thanks a lot....I will try sending the link to you - if you can get it to tag, that would be great.  If not, no worries! :)

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »

Sorry about that.
We take about 500 separate images to create the Fancam and with the stage as bouncy as it is, we do get a few out of focus.
All I can offer, is that you tag yourself and send me the link to tinus[at]gigapixelfancam[dot]com.
I'll have the production guys have a look at the source images - maybe we get lucky ;)

I appreciate the offer.  the good news is that I am at both Montreal shows and my son is going with me to the Philly show next week.