Poll

Which concert featured the biggest "surprise"

Barcelona 1-June 30th, 2009.  Tour Debuts of Ultraviolet and The Unforgettable Fire
4 (5.6%)
Barcelona 2-July 2nd, 2009.  Live Debut of Electrical Storm, Tour Debut of Desire
1 (1.4%)
Amsterdam 2-July 21st, 2009.  Tour Debuts of Bad, Until The End of the World, and Elevation
1 (1.4%)
hicago 2-September 13th, 2009.  Live Debut of Your Blue Room and Pride is dropped
3 (4.2%)
Turin-August 6th, 2010. Live Debuts of North Star, Stingray Guitar, and Glastonbury.  Tour Debut of Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me and Miss Sarajevo
13 (18.1%)
Helsinki 2-August 21st, 2010.  Live Debut of Every Breaking Wave. Tour Debut of I Will Follow.  Pride returns. Sunday Bloody Sunday is dropped.  No Line on the Horizon is played
10 (13.9%)
Zurich 2-September 12th, 2010.  Live Debut of Mercy
5 (6.9%)
Auckland 1-November 25th, 2010.  Live Debut of Scarlet.  Tour Debut of One Tree Hill
3 (4.2%)
Sydney 2-December 14th, 2010.  Tour Debuts of All I Want Is You and Love Rescue Me
0 (0%)
Santiago-March 25th, 2011.  Beautiful Day opens and One Tree Hill is played
0 (0%)
La Plata 1-March 30th, 2011.  Tour Debut of Even Better Than The Real Thing (which opens the show)
1 (1.4%)
Sao Paulo 2-April 10th, 2011.  Tour Debuts of Zooropa and Out of Control
18 (25%)
Mexico City 1-May 11th, 2011.  The Discotheque/Please mashup in Crazy Tonight debuts
1 (1.4%)
Denver-May 21st, 2011.  All I Want Is You and Stay become "regulars"
0 (0%)
Anaheim 2-June 18th, 2011.  Tour Debut of The Fly.  Opening quintet of Achtung Baby songs.  One and Streets played 5th and 6th
6 (8.3%)
Other (specify)
2 (2.8%)
Chicago-July 5th, 2011.  One Tree Hill closes the concert
4 (5.6%)
Coimbra 2-October 3rd, 2010. Live Debut of Boy Falls From The Sky
0 (0%)
Nashville-July 2nd, 2011.  Live Concert Debut of The Wanderer.  All I Want Is You closes the show, with a blind fan on guitar
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Biggest Setlist Surprise Of The 360 Tour-Spoiler?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Rayford27

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Your wheels are turning, but you're upside down
Re: Biggest Setlist Surprise Of The 360 Tour-Spoiler?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »
Gonna have to add AIWIY in Nashville to the list!   That was a big surprise for me!   ;D

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 11:35:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gonna have to add AIWIY in Nashville to the list!   That was a big surprise for me!   ;D

A bigger surprise than THE WANDERER? That one definitely gets my vote.

Offline Rayford27

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 11:42:21 PM »

A bigger surprise than THE WANDERER? That one definitely gets my vote.

Oh yeah, that one too!!    :)

With those two surprises, Nashville June 2 gets my vote!  ;D

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 12:05:26 AM »

Its not a surprise though.  Its been played a bunch of times on this leg, and this isn't the first time this tour fans got to play an instrument on stage

And there's no chance anyone would vote for a Wanderer snippet as the biggest surprise of the ENTIRE TOUR, over the likes of the debuts of Zooropa, Every Breaking Wave, Bad, EBTTRT, and so on.  Come on people

Offline wraitii

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »
Voted for Helsinki II, too. Turin was arguably a really big surprise, but coming after what they said, it was sort of an "expected surprise". Helsinki II was really special. To top that, it had a great version of HMTMKMKM.

Zooropa was a great surprise too. But the band had teased us with this for some times now, so I thought it could have been coming. Hence, I voted for Helsinki.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 04:10:16 AM »

Its not a surprise though.  Its been played a bunch of times on this leg, and this isn't the first time this tour fans got to play an instrument on stage

And there's no chance anyone would vote for a Wanderer snippet as the biggest surprise of the ENTIRE TOUR, over the likes of the debuts of Zooropa, Every Breaking Wave, Bad, EBTTRT, and so on.  Come on people

Well, if there was a chance that they'd vote for a Discotheque snippet/mash-up.... :P

Just giving you a hard time, Soapy!  :D :P

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 07:07:07 AM »
Nothing about Mothers being played?

My vote was torn between Scarlet and Zooropa. Two songs which I NEVER expected to be played on this tour.

I see what you are saying, TUC, and you are correct, the forum did explode during Amsterdam, but as those songs had been played on most tours since their release, it was almost inevitable that they would get played at some point. Scarlet and Zooropa making their tour début was incredible. My vote went to Zooropa though, as I was completely blown away. Close 3rd is probably opening wit EBTTRT.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
Scarlet is an odd one for me. I know they never play October and it should have been a big deal, but I just thought of it as an intro to Walk On, really, so for me it wasn't particularly shocking because it was just like, say, the Astronaut intro to Beautiful Day.  :D

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »

Um, I just did. I NEVER expected to hear the Wanderer live. I thought it would be a song they'd always leave to Johnny Cash. Zooropa has been played live before this tour. I would have thought Zooropa was highly unlikely, but more likely than the Wanderer. They play Bad every tour. I've seen it at most shows I've been to. Come on person.

Offline Mercurial

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
I chose Zooropa, but I think another big surprise was Mercy. Mercy wasn't even a released track, it was leaked, unfinished and it just appeared out of nowhere, reworked.

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »
Nothing about Mothers being played?

It was debuted at the same show Mercy was, so you can vote for that show

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »

Um, I just did. I NEVER expected to hear the Wanderer live. I thought it would be a song they'd always leave to Johnny Cash. Zooropa has been played live before this tour. I would have thought Zooropa was highly unlikely, but more likely than the Wanderer. They play Bad every tour. I've seen it at most shows I've been to. Come on person.

Well there's no option to vote for that show  :P

But really, a snippet is the biggest surprise of a two year tour full of surprises?

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »

Well, if there was a chance that they'd vote for a Discotheque snippet/mash-up.... :P

Just giving you a hard time, Soapy!  :D :P

The Discotheque mashup is actually ON the setlist though  :P

Offline Rayford27

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »

I was really surprised, because that was the first time on the one whole 360 tour that they ever did anything but walk off the stage after MOS.  :)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »
obviously Zooropa. and that its stayed in the setlist permanently.