Author Topic: The best live moment  (Read 3795 times)

Offline jc619er

• Numb
Re: The best live moment
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SBS - rattle and hum
opening of Point Depot on New Years
COBL opening a show on Vertigo tour
live Hallelujah prayer/chorus of RTSS (this song needs to be played again)
the fly elevation tour - boston DVD

but I dont think anything beats the superbowl

Agreed. That version of The Fly is the best I've ever heard.

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »
Watching the opening song (EBTTRT) of my first show ever (soldier field) gives me goosebumps ever time. The buildup, the pounding drums, the slide solo, then.... mayhem!

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »
I love the *intro* of Elevation Fly, but the actual song is much worse, IMO. The problem is, it's all a relentless barrage with the riff played over and over, and while that works in itself, it's a different song. What I love about The Fly is its unpredictability and sheer sense of insanity, created by sometimes having the riff, sometimes those long, echoing guitar notes etc- generally varying it up.

Combine the Elevation Tour intro with the Vertigo/360 Tour Fly and you have perfection!

Offline UToo

• Wanderer
  • squeeze the handle, blow out the candle
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 03:25:32 PM »
Watching the opening song (EBTTRT) of my first show ever (soldier field) gives me goosebumps ever time. The buildup, the pounding drums, the slide solo, then.... mayhem!

I love the take me higher part that they do now.  Really gets the crowd going.

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 05:08:02 AM »
I love the *intro* of Elevation Fly, but the actual song is much worse, IMO. The problem is, it's all a relentless barrage with the riff played over and over, and while that works in itself, it's a different song. What I love about The Fly is its unpredictability and sheer sense of insanity, created by sometimes having the riff, sometimes those long, echoing guitar notes etc- generally varying it up.

Combine the Elevation Tour intro with the Vertigo/360 Tour Fly and you have perfection!

I kind of agree.

The elevation tour version doesnt really go anywhere. Not so sure the vertigo tour version is any good though, I'm not a huge fan. My favourite would be a mix of the ZooTV/360 versions.

Offline HarlemsAngel94

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • How much air will I Needtobreathe?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 06:05:06 AM »

I kind of agree.

The elevation tour version doesnt really go anywhere. Not so sure the vertigo tour version is any good though, I'm not a huge fan. My favourite would be a mix of the ZooTV/360 versions.

For me, it's 360 all the way. Watched Boston earlier and had to think for a while before deciding that I don't like it. It's just kinda chaotic. I heard The Fly during it's second performance this year in Baltimore and it's so fresh right now. The opening riff is so crisp and cuts like a knife. That's how it always should be IMO

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 10:37:57 AM »

I love the take me higher part that they do now.  Really gets the crowd going.

the light show is ridiculous for that song too.... right when it switched from the yellow slow spotlights to the madness of orange and strobe, following a brief 2 second audience silence due to awe and sensory overload, the crowd went bananas... so sweet

Offline celticfc09

• Refugee
  • Zhdanost - eto khorosho
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »

I kind of agree.

For me, it's 360 all the way. Watched Boston earlier and had to think for a while before deciding that I don't like it. It's just kinda chaotic. I heard The Fly during it's second performance this year in Baltimore and it's so fresh right now. The opening riff is so crisp and cuts like a knife. That's how it always should be IMO

nah theyre in different keys
Ive played elevation intro in the vert/zooTV key and it aint the same
same with playing the V/ZTV version in the elevation key

personally i prefer the elevation way because it doesnt slow down during the verses, choruses and solos better - like what they did to UTEOTW live, its played in a different key than the album and I think its loads better live

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »
as far as personal experience goes:  rain falling on cue after streets - chicago 2011

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 10:49:35 AM »
as far as personal experience goes:  rain falling on cue after streets - chicago 2011

yeah that was awesome!

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »
Edge singing the chorus of Pride in Sarajevo when Bono could barely sing at all.

Magical in my book

Offline MacJoost

• Refugee
  • Mother, am I still your son?
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 02:38:50 PM »
Edge singing the chorus of Pride in Sarajevo when Bono could barely sing at all.

Magical in my book

Just saw the vid. Funny seeing Edge screaming out loud!

Offline celticfc09

• Refugee
  • Zhdanost - eto khorosho
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »

yeah that was awesome!

yes that was incredible.... then we got OTH

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 07:24:28 AM »

yeah that was awesome!

yes that was incredible.... then we got OTH

edge's short guitar solo at the end was awesome too, almost a bit like Zoo tv bullet

Borack

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
If you`re an old fart like me, your favorite moment might be the first time you saw them live in your first U2 concert. Thus for me, it was 11:12:87 and for the opening moments of the Joshua Tree concerts - as featured in R&H.

the band walks on stage against a red silhouette. ... and the music builds ... and then Adam amps in and Edge starts jangling and Larry let's loose on the drums, and then BOOM! Blinding lights came on and Bono sprints around the stages to welcome the audience, and you wonder if you`ll ever feel so alive again. And then you hear a great concert for a couple of hours, with some interesting accents and humble troubadours.  Words can`t really describe the moment.