Author Topic: Best Stadium for the Claw  (Read 4785 times)

Offline UToo

• Wanderer
  • squeeze the handle, blow out the candle
Best Stadium for the Claw
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:57:42 PM »
For those who follow the tour closely I was wondering where everyone though the claw was the most visually pleasing and what stadium it was the most appropriate for.  I haven't been to a show on the tour but I was curious about the opinions of those who have.  It looked very good in the Rose Bowl on film and I think it will look great in Pittsburgh with the city skyline visible from the stadium. (should make for a great COBL performance) Pics would be cool too.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: Best Stadium for the Claw
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:37:29 AM »
Probably not Melbourne...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:57:18 AM »
M&T Stadium was quite nice.  Claw fit well in the field and there was enough room for GA.  Plus the Inner Harbor is not too far away.  Within walking distance.

Offline UToo

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Gross, hopefully that roof opens

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »
Montreal cause it was custom built  ;D

But seriously I think Toronto, with the CN tower right besides getting lit up synchronized with the Claw was quite an amazing sight !

Offline mattressjedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:33:01 AM »

Gross, hopefully that roof opens

:D WTF?

Offline renno

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 12:47:31 PM »
The nou camp in Barca looked special on the opening night.

The rose bowl on the dvd looked great too perfect for the claw

Offline UToo

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 01:08:06 PM »
The nou camp in Barca looked special on the opening night.

The rose bowl on the dvd looked great too perfect for the claw

I agree, the stadiums that are truly 360 like the rose bowl and the new camp seem to work the best.  One issue with american football stadiums is that many of them are built with open end zones. (and croke park) this turns it more into U2280 or so.  I think that even though it has the open end zone heinz field pittsburgh can make up for it with the great urban landscape that will make up for the missing audience.

The Grave

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 01:16:08 PM »
I liked the Jo-burg stadium

and Nashville  ;)

milan

and last, Belin

Offline UToo

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
i do love the way it looks eating up vanderbilt's stadium

also was it sidways in milan?

The Grave

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 01:31:18 PM »
i do love the way it looks eating up vanderbilt's stadium

also was it sidways in milan?
it was funny when we were outside the stadium we could still see the screen.

and yes. it was sideways

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »
These images are great.  At the end of the tour, it would be nice to have a collection to see the Claw in all of the  locations.  This is one of the few U2 tours that I can remember where the stage is exactly the same for each and every show, minus a few tweeks here and there.

The Claw also had some problems in Cowboys Stadium (Dallas), since the top of the spire was cut off by Jerry-Vision.

I do like those stadiums where the Claw is visible from outside the venue that allow for the passersby to get a glimpse and wonder what the hell is going on in that place.  Soldier Field is a good example of that.

Satellite's gone, way up to the sky.....  

The Grave

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 01:46:22 PM »
I couldn't find any from outside but this shows the hight of the stage:

Offline UToo

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
I couldn't find any from outside but this shows the hight of the stage:

I wouldn't mind taking the show it from what looks to be a posh dorm room with a window facing into the stadium.

Offline UToo

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
These images are great.  At the end of the tour, it would be nice to have a collection to see the Claw in all of the  locations.  This is one of the few U2 tours that I can remember where the stage is exactly the same for each and every show, minus a few tweeks here and there.

The Claw also had some problems in Cowboys Stadium (Dallas), since the top of the spire was cut off by Jerry-Vision.

I do like those stadiums where the Claw is visible from outside the venue that allow for the passersby to get a glimpse and wonder what the hell is going on in that place.  Soldier Field is a good example of that.

Satellite's gone, way up to the sky.....  

You may have a good poster idea on your hands there, and i wish the claw poked its way right through jerry-vision.