Author Topic: SPOILER:Official Magnetic Hill Music Festival, Moncton, Set-List: 30th July 2011  (Read 51331 times)

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why is everybody down. this is a happy time. a chapter closes and another ones is beginning

I have issues with endings of any sort.

Yes, me to  :-[   

OK, I'll say this out loud. The older they get, the more sad these endings are. I also wish they'd said something like "We'll see you again!" or "We're going on a break but we'll be back" or something to that effect. But when Bono says "Don't forget us..." and "Thanks for giving us a great life," I sense an air of finality to it that is probably unintentional but unsettling. And was it Montreal where he talked about finding a new circus to join?

Now you should also know I worried all those years ago when they said they were going to go away and dream it up all over again.

I don't want to end this post on a downer note so I'll say I'm thrilled that it all happened and that so many people got to see them. I have a feeling of being comfortably full after a great meal--could have more--but I feel quite satisfied.

Well he said "thanks for giving us a great life" during Popmart, too. I was just watching it yesterday. That sorta helped me. :D

And I don't think they would end on this giant stadium tour. Like always, they'll be back.  ;)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
It's all over.  :'( :'(

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
I hate to be the mercenary, but as long as there is money to be made, and they are physically able, they will tour.

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
I hate to be the mercenary, but as long as there is money to be made, and they are physically able, they will tour.

This is true. And there is that long-term contract with Live Nation to fulfill.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman

Yep. And they have proven that they can still make skadoodles of cash so I'm not going to worry about them not touring short of something catastrophic happening. *knocks on wood, lights candles, throws salt over shoulder, turns around three times and spits*

northstarjo

Yep. And they have proven that they can still make skadoodles of cash so I'm not going to worry about them not touring short of something catastrophic happening. *knocks on wood, lights candles, throws salt over shoulder, turns around three times and spits*

don't forget crosses fingers, rubs rabbits foot etc etc ;)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman

And I'm sure there is a four leaf clover around here somewhere. After last summer, and Bono's well documented clumsiness, we can't been too careful!

northstarjo

And I'm sure there is a four leaf clover around here somewhere. After last summer, and Bono's well documented clumsiness, we can't been too careful!

...and a horseshoe.....at least he refrains from climbing the staging/rigging these days.... :D

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
...and a horseshoe.....at least he refrains from climbing the staging/rigging these days.... :D

Yeah, he is a bit old for that. Not too old to swing from mics, thank God. Can you imagine 20something Bono anywhere near The Claw? :D

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
Unknown Caller, this show fell short of nothing (no other last show). If you were there, you'd feel the same. The energy there was fantastic!!! In fact, of all the shows I've ever seen, this is my new favorite. Springhill Mining Disaster, for godsakes!! Where the hell did THAT come from? They haven't played it for over 20 years!!! OMG, I went ballistic when he started singing that. And OOC... 40... Good god.

Like all set list complaints, you had to be there.

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
A friend went and told me it was good, but that other 360 gigs she'd seen were better and that it was anticlimactic.  :-\

To me, I think it definitely could have achieved to its higher potential (Arcade Fire!), but it was a fitting end, especially with '40.' (Although in videos people didn't really echo it after they'd left like I'd hoped.  :()

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
The crew on screen.

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
Yay! Thanks Monica!

northstarjo

The crew on screen.

awwww....so nice  :)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
The crew on screen.

awwww....so nice  :)

The whole set is just amazing! As I've said many times, Ayaz is a genius!