Author Topic: I was bored....  (Read 2670 times)

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
Re: I was bored....
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 06:43:35 PM »
Guinness is way better in a can instead of a bottle (tap is best) since they have that widget that adds carbonation. 

I think both Bono and McGuinness are really into fancy wines these days.

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »
Went to a pub in Ireland once and a local cop who was there told me to try Guinness with blackcurrant. Really good, took the bitterness out of it (or so I've been told since I'm not old enough to drink *coughcoughshiftyeyes*). But he said it's a girly way of drinking it, and any guy who orders it that way will be kicked out lol.

Offline Mbeede

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This reminds me of one of the awards show around that time (during the ZooTV era) where U2 won an award... They weren't at the ceremony, but there was a live camera where Bono was at (a bard) and Bono was pretty drunk (visibly tipsy) speaking to the audience and drinking his Guinness.  I always remember that moment... It's the moment that led me to try a Guinness myself, and now its one of my favorite beers, especially off the tap.

I remember that. Bono and Adam were both trashed. Bono especially. They were full throttle at that time.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 01:54:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Went to a pub in Ireland once and a local cop who was there told me to try Guinness with blackcurrant. Really good, took the bitterness out of it (or so I've been told since I'm not old enough to drink *coughcoughshiftyeyes*). But he said it's a girly way of drinking it, and any guy who orders it that way will be kicked out lol.

That Guinness is really good! but then I am a girl so I can!  ;D