Author Topic: The Line Starts Here...  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
Re: The Line Starts Here...
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 06:48:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Monica--I missed Elevation for a similar reason (and they came to Atlanta twice!!).

Ask me if I'm ever going to let a man influence me again.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
I don't need a number.. I sit in the seats  :D :D :D

northstarjo

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
I don't need a number.. I sit in the seats  :D :D :D

I did seats.....GA all the way next time ;)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
Beli--great idea!

Monica--I missed Elevation for a similar reason (and they came to Atlanta twice!!).

You have no idea how many times I have wanted to get the GA line to do something like that. I also want to coordinate with a local shelter, etc. to donate unused line items such as chairs, magazines, etc, rather than have them go into the trash.

I am definitely doing it next tour.  

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »
Beli--great idea!

You have no idea how many times I have wanted to get the GA line to do something like that. I also want to coordinate with a local shelter, etc. to donate unused line items such as chairs, magazines, etc, rather than have them go into the trash.

I think that's an awesome idea and definitely in keeping with U2's message.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »
Beli--great idea!

I think that's an awesome idea and definitely in keeping with U2's message.

We tried to stash our stuff in Pitt but of course after the show it was gone. I like to think that someone who needed the items took them-- that is what sort of gave me the idea, although I have thought about doing this before.

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »

Ask me if I'm ever going to let a man influence me again.

Your answer is probably the same as mine. 

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
Beli--great idea!

Um, U2 had a "Green Team" to do that this leg. The volunteers cleaned up after the GA line went in and they all got show tickets as a reward.

Offline excavation

• Elevated
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
Well you all can start the line, but in between tours I plan on integrating myself with those elite folks who have too much time and money on their hands and go to EVERY SINGLE SHOW.  Because unless you you have been to EVERY SINGLE SHOW, you are just so unqualified to run the line, and therefore one of them, er I mean us, will just simply take over the line on your behalf to make sure it is done properly.  After all, we have done this so many times, we know how to do it best.  And by "doing it best" I mean making sure myself and my posse are in front of Bono's microphone stand EVERY SINGLE SHOW.  Because I just know how much he loves seeing the same 50 people standing right in front of him EVERY SINGLE SHOW.  So thppppptttt! to you plebs, Bono will know my name and face, and point straight at me during the shows just like he does for all of them, mwaahahaha!

Yeah, okay, Brian will know me too, but that's beside the point.  And really Bono, I didn't mean to scare you, I swear.

Offline Witsa

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »
I have Vancouver, Edmonton (EDGEmonton, correction) and Calgary covered.
EF has already started the Regina line, numbered already.

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »
Beli--great idea!

Um, U2 had a "Green Team" to do that this leg. The volunteers cleaned up after the GA line went in and they all got show tickets as a reward.

But they just picked up recyclable materials, didn't they?  I don't think they were looking for donations...

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
No donations, no, but they did collect all the chairs and things. I love your idea of getting donations, but I don't know how they'd go about it.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2011, 08:10:03 PM »
No donations, no, but they did collect all the chairs and things. I love your idea of getting donations, but I don't know how they'd go about it.

I think coordinating with a local shelter and getting the word out. There is at least a year or two to plan.  ;D

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »
Beli--great idea!

man, I would have loved to have known about this ahead of time... I am a stay at home mom and easily could have been there during the day to clean up after the line (and get free tix  ;D )

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »
Cherry, I saw it mentioned in some interview or on U2.com. So I made a point of looking for the volunteers at my shows. I don't know how they chose the team members.