Author Topic: The 360 Tour Appreciation Thread  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
Re: The 360 Tour Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 01:00:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For a few of the people who loved 360, this was our first tour. (it was mine). I wasn't of concert age for most of the big 3 U2 tours.

And the shows I saw were great because they were real. I love the Zoo TV DVD but it doesn't compare to standing in the GA for 360 in Sydney or Winnipeg.

This.

Offline Rayford27

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Your wheels are turning, but you're upside down
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 01:19:41 AM »
There's nothing like being there... And I wish I could have been to more than one 360 show, but the one I went to in Arlington back in 2009 was just amazing.

There's no place on earth I would rather be than at a U2 concert...   I think all of their tours have been great.  And I hope it's not too long until I get to see them again!  :)

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »
Great tour. I saw three shows on it. Anaheim 2 was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

My only major gripe is unsurprisingly the complete lack of any full Pop songs. Such a missed opportunity. Gone, MOFO, full Discotheque, Last Night on Earth all would have been INCREDIBLE to see played under the Claw. Oh well.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 01:59:41 AM »
I saw them twice this tour, Denver and Minneapolis. Wish I had been able to see more shows this tour if I had the money to do so, stupid economy!

In Denver I had seats, got to see the claw lit up in all it's glory. Minneapolis I had front rail in front of Adam. Both shows were incredible, with Minneapolis turning epic with the rain storm!!  I'm glad I got to see the shows, listen and follow along with @U2 forum members, and treated to U2 giving it their all for every show. There are certain songs I would have loved to have heard live this tour, but I will cherish this tour for bringing great music and friends into my life!

Please U2, don't make us wait to long for the next part of your journey!!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wraitii

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 02:26:13 AM »
Yeah, we can now only have a minor grief: Pop. In normal circumstances, this would have been a huge mistake. On the 360, it is a gigantic mistake, yet I don't care, that 360 stuff rocked ;D

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 09:52:08 AM »
I totally agree Jenn,

For Boston 1, I had seats and I was able to experience the Claw in all its glory.  I went with my parents, and for my mom (who has been a fan since the early 80's), it was her first U2 show.  So sharing that experience with her was such a bonding moment.  It was incredible.

For Philadelphia, I did GA with my little brother who's a big U2 fan in his own right.  It was his first concert as well and the two of us had the best night of our life.

U2, bringing families together  :)

How long, to sing this song

The Grave

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
I appreciate U2 360 so much. you might remember me. I was on the back rail in Nashville and on the far end of the stadium in Atlanta

my favorite personal memories
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

^first glimpse of lady claw in nashville

^everybody behind me  :D

we've grown together on the forum. it's time to dream it all up again

and how could I not forget

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
I never said I hated 360. I just want to remember my life a s U2 fan witnessing better tours.

Ill remove my post to keep you all happy.

Just remember, all you Pop haters jumping into Pop threads and trashing it - its the same thing.

Offline MacJoost

• Refugee
  • Mother, am I still your son?
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »
360 has been a wonderfull experience. It brought me to Milan(1), Paris (2), Amsterdam (1 and 2), London (2) and Brussels (1).

I'm forever thankful to have witnessed my favorites as a tour debut with my brother in Amsterdam: 'bad' and 'until the end of the world'.

Ultraviolet, party girl, the unforgettable fire, stay, all of the NLOTH songs, return of the stingray guitar, miss sarajevo, north star and mercy were some of the other highlights for me.

<360

Offline homerj281

• Stateless
  • We fight, all the time... we're the same soul.
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
Chicago September 12, 2009- a day that shall live in infamy.  My life has not been the same since.
I could not wait to lay eyes on the Claw at my next show at East Lansing June 26, 2011... it nearly brought me to tears!
And I am honored to have been at one of four shows where One Tree Hill made a surprise appearance in Chicago July 5, 2011.

This has been such a great experience and a great tour.  Memories to last a lifetime!

Thank U (2)!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
Breathe, NLOTH, Unknown Caller, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, and MOS were all very good to great live songs.

The 360 versions of Vertigo and Ultraviolet were brilliant.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 04:34:37 PM »
What an incredible stage the claw was, and it gave me my first and second U2 experiences.

It was a long ride, but an exciting one at that, and it has given me the opportunity to see my top 5 songs, including TUF and Zooropa, two songs I thought I would never see live in my lifetime.

I can't wait to see what the band will do for the next go-around.  :)

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »
For me,it was the ultimate experience.It was my first and sadly the only concert ever,I planned it and waited for it for a half year and I still think about it and wach the videos from it.I miss you "claw" :'(

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »
I don't appreciate 360. I love it! And I'm not actually sure what I'm going to do without it.

Unlike some people, I only went to one show on the tour, but I loved every second of it. :) Maybe nt the best, but it was MY SHOW. So there.

Remember, Claw, I'm still you're biggest fan...

^That is what I'll miss the most... the Zoo Cage and its accopnaying song. :(

Thank you U2!

Offline trashbag

• Refugee
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 05:57:01 PM »
I saw two shows this tour, both of them my first two U2 shows and both in Chicago. Just between those two shows alone, I got Your Blue Room, Stay (TWICE), One segueing into Amazing Grace segueing into Streets for the first time, Even Better Than the Real Thing, The Fly, Out of Control, Zooropa, AND One Tree Hill... I would never have dreamed two years prior that I would hear any of these songs live (especially Your Blue Room, since I had never heard it until the concert :P).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:59:33 PM by trashbag »