Author Topic: Hello from New Orleans  (Read 2466 times)

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
Hello from New Orleans
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:41:51 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I live in New Orleans and have been reading the forum for a while now and finally decided to get in on the action with the new album on the horizon (too early for a bad pun?).  I have been a U2 fan since the mid 90's ever since I picked up a copy of The Joshua Tree (Achtung Baby is my favorite, though).  Being the only U2 obsessive in my family, I'm looking forward to speaking with others who share my passion for the band and their music.  However, I must admit my wife has come a long way since we met (she bought a pair of Converse because of the Edge and she thinks that Larry Mullen, Jr., just may be the baddest man on the planet), but she would have trouble telling you which songs are on which albums.  But with each new step she takes towards full U2 geekdom, I love her more.  It must also be said that she had enough will power to not listen to the 30 second clips of the album, and I failed miserably.  I'm a sad, sad little man.

Currently, I have been immersing myself in Springsteen (my other musical hero) in the wake of his excellent new album, trying to ease the agonizing anticipation of NLOTH.  So with both of my favorite artists releasing huge albums in the same year, there's a pretty good chance 2009 could be the greatest year in the history of years.  Finger's crossed, but with the sound of the snippets of NLOTH, it looks like it should be smooth sailing (one sailing reference too many?).  I was blessed with the opportunity to see them live in Houston on the Vertigo Tour and am hoping that the band will come to New Orleans this time around so I won't have to spend money on travel.  I'm hoping that the Edge's work in New Orleans after Katrina will cause them to revisit the city on this tour.  Hopefully, they they've gotten the memories of a half filled Superdome from the Pop tour out of their systems.  Either way, I plan on attending a show somewhere.  I'm just hoping the ticket fiasco with Springsteen's tour will not repeat itself with U2.  Someone should warn Ticketmaster that Larry Mullen, Jr., doesn't like fiascos and carries a big stick.  Well, two actually...

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone well as they wait for a new chapter in U2 history to begin.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:02:37 PM by NOLA Fly »

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
Re: Hello from New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »
Hello!

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 06:01:47 PM »
Welcome to te forum!  ;D

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:00:43 PM »
Welcome.

Offline Starguitar

• Desert Rose
  • Thanks U2 & the 360 tour for the best night ever.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 08:07:03 PM »
Hey! Welcome to the forums!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:47:27 PM »
Welcome NOLA!! Looking forward to chatting with you.

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
Hello and welcome!!

Offline Terrasidius

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Bass suit, bug shades, moon boogie motorcade
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 01:34:36 AM »
Hey dude and welcome! Nice little introduction :D

luieu2

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »
welcome nola

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »
Thanks for all the kind welcomes.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 10:58:04 AM »
Howdy, NOLA

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »
Hi and welcome!  :)

Offline tearingdownwalls

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • makin music in montreal
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:47 AM »
Hey NOLAFLY! Wow! And hi to your wife too! A friend told me about this forum..I dont do forums as a rule, but LOVE U2. And I am from Kenner! For True! No lie! Right by da airport! Kennuh! Went to Kennuh Jr. High!

When I saw your post, I just had to answer. This is my first post except to introduce myself. I have family in Metairie (Metry, hahah) and my favorite restaurant is the Come Back Inn on ,oh shoot, is it on Causeway? I can't remember! Rats! Maybe West Metairie.

Anyhoo, I am nuts for Bruce Springsteen too, and I love Larry Mullen Jr. Tell your wife she's got good taste. The man is exquisite! My husband is very understanding!

I live in Canada, 30 years now but I was in NOLA last Feb for my first Mardi Gras in 40 years! Had a blast on St. Charles! Memorable! So I am excited about this forum, but I am super busy right now, I am the boss of a homeless shelter and I am trying to retire in a few weeks and so much paperwork, stuff to do. Its NUTS! I will be on a bit here and there and to learn how it works around here.

Check out my intro. I am an old musician myself, and still riff some blues when I can, still write every day of my life! I'm an old chick from the French Quarter, miss the Nawlins style and spice. Coffee wit chickory..In my blood, what can I say? Katrina broke my heart. Its still broke, bro...still broke....

ok so better run. Gotta work some.

Hi to your wife. This is cool!

Take care. See ya around tha forum..

tearing down walls .....my name is sky

Offline AmericanAngel

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • My nick-name is Wonder Woman.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 10:46:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello Everyone,

I live in New Orleans and have been reading the forum for a while now and finally decided to get in on the action with the new album on the horizon (too early for a bad pun?).  I have been a U2 fan since the mid 90's ever since I picked up a copy of The Joshua Tree (Achtung Baby is my favorite, though).  Being the only U2 obsessive in my family, I'm looking forward to speaking with others who share my passion for the band and their music.  However, I must admit my wife has come a long way since we met (she bought a pair of Converse because of the Edge and she thinks that Larry Mullen, Jr., just may be the baddest man on the planet), but she would have trouble telling you which songs are on which albums.  But with each new step she takes towards full U2 geekdom, I love her more.  It must also be said that she had enough will power to not listen to the 30 second clips of the album, and I failed miserably.  I'm a sad, sad little man.

Currently, I have been immersing myself in Springsteen (my other musical hero) in the wake of his excellent new album, trying to ease the agonizing anticipation of NLOTH.  So with both of my favorite artists releasing huge albums in the same year, there's a pretty good chance 2009 could be the greatest year in the history of years.  Finger's crossed, but with the sound of the snippets of NLOTH, it looks like it should be smooth sailing (one sailing reference too many?).  I was blessed with the opportunity to see them live in Houston on the Vertigo Tour and am hoping that the band will come to New Orleans this time around so I won't have to spend money on travel.  I'm hoping that the Edge's work in New Orleans after Katrina will cause them to revisit the city on this tour.  Hopefully, they they've gotten the memories of a half filled Superdome from the Pop tour out of their systems.  Either way, I plan on attending a show somewhere.  I'm just hoping the ticket fiasco with Springsteen's tour will not repeat itself with U2.  Someone should warn Ticketmaster that Larry Mullen, Jr., doesn't like fiascos and carries a big stick.  Well, two actually...

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone well as they wait for a new chapter in U2 history to begin.

WOW! we have alot ta talk about! I am from Lake Charles! I also went to the Vertigo concert in Houston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sat behind Larry to the right!!!!!!

Offline AmericanAngel

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • My nick-name is Wonder Woman.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 10:47:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey NOLAFLY! Wow! And hi to your wife too! A friend told me about this forum..I dont do forums as a rule, but LOVE U2. And I am from Kenner! For True! No lie! Right by da airport! Kennuh! Went to Kennuh Jr. High!

When I saw your post, I just had to answer. This is my first post except to introduce myself. I have family in Metairie (Metry, hahah) and my favorite restaurant is the Come Back Inn on ,oh shoot, is it on Causeway? I can't remember! Rats! Maybe West Metairie.

Anyhoo, I am nuts for Bruce Springsteen too, and I love Larry Mullen Jr. Tell your wife she's got good taste. The man is exquisite! My husband is very understanding!

I live in Canada, 30 years now but I was in NOLA last Feb for my first Mardi Gras in 40 years! Had a blast on St. Charles! Memorable! So I am excited about this forum, but I am super busy right now, I am the boss of a homeless shelter and I am trying to retire in a few weeks and so much paperwork, stuff to do. Its NUTS! I will be on a bit here and there and to learn how it works around here.

Check out my intro. I am an old musician myself, and still riff some blues when I can, still write every day of my life! I'm an old chick from the French Quarter, miss the Nawlins style and spice. Coffee wit chickory..In my blood, what can I say? Katrina broke my heart. Its still broke, bro...still broke....

ok so better run. Gotta work some.

Hi to your wife. This is cool!

Take care. See ya around tha forum..

tearing down walls .....my name is sky
*waves*