Author Topic: Predict the next tour now (From a spectacularly uninformed position)  (Read 10133 times)

Archie_bronson

Re: Predict the next tour now (From a spectacularly uninformed position)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »
U2 will make a genuinely brilliant album again and will drop the predictable songs they've been playing for the last 30 years

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't think that any of the unreleased songs we heard this tour will be played (mercy, north star, every breaking wave, etc)

I'd absolutely take that bet since I think Mercy is a virtual shoo-in for the next album!  :D

mariamontreal

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 06:27:42 AM »
- mix of arenas and stadiums
- Achtung Baby plus new album with some digging in the older albums might  resurface
- scaled down stage but very futuristic
- could be another 360 stage or similar

As long as they tour , I ' m good with whatever it is .

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 07:41:05 AM »
I'm actually betting that we'll see less Achtung Baby, at least initially. AB got quite a lot of play on the Vertigo Tour (Who's Gonna Ride, Zoo Station, the Zoo encore) and got very little play at the start of the 360 Tour with only 'One' and 'Ultraviolet' as regulars from the start. They've now played even more AB, so I'm betting they go light on it next tour, especially with the remaster gone. (Just like they went from a glut of TUF songs- up to four in one gig- at the start of 360 in the midst of the remaster, to frequently 0 TUF songs by early 2011)

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
My guess-

Arena Tour, with stadiums in bigger venues such as South Africa, South America, Ireland, and Texas.

Acoustic song will be North Star

Many songs from the setlist will be from the new album, and some ideas for the setlist would be -

Magnificent
Breathe
NYD
Love Is Blindness
Please
If God Will Send His Angels
Last Night On Earth
The Fly
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Streets
One
Running To Stand Still
Twilight
Love comes tumbling
Bad
Pride
Heartland
11 O'Clock Tick Toc
Seconds
SYCMIOYO
Vertigo

Elevation and COBL will be gone.

These will vary on what show they are at.

Bono will have short hair
The Edge will wear a hat

The stage will be new.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »
Yay for the arena sentiment (or fantasy?)

I wish I made a sign for Adam during 360: it would have said:

Adam, let's get intimate...
Arenas next tour!

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »
The new album will be U2's best ever. We'll know this because Bono says it is true. You'll be able to confirm this because Bono mentions this in all 374 interviews that you read, hear and watch.

Henry Rollins will hate the new album. Springsteen will love it.

The band will start the tour under-rehearsed.

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the set list and the chosen venues.

There will be 1,721,683 threads here asking for, or presenting, alternative set lists and wondering why certain songs were included/excluded. Every single one of them will be vitally important to understanding just how the fans are feeling. I expect everyone here to read them all. There will be a test.

The band will skip Antarctica ... again.

There will be a call for the band to play multiple festivals. It won't happen.

After having stated that U2 is best built to play arenas then stating only stadiums can show the band at its best, Paul McGuine$$ will state that arenas are meant for U2 when the tour is announced as an arena tour.

U2.com will continue to leave users wanting more and the band will continue to wish that this site was their official web page.

I swear to God, Joe, one of these days I will kiss you square on the mouth. Tongue, no tongue, your choice. :D

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »
I'm actually betting that we'll see less Achtung Baby, at least initially. AB got quite a lot of play on the Vertigo Tour (Who's Gonna Ride, Zoo Station, the Zoo encore) and got very little play at the start of the 360 Tour with only 'One' and 'Ultraviolet' as regulars from the start. They've now played even more AB, so I'm betting they go light on it next tour, especially with the remaster gone. (Just like they went from a glut of TUF songs- up to four in one gig- at the start of 360 in the midst of the remaster, to frequently 0 TUF songs by early 2011)

I think we'll see only 2 or 3 Achtung Baby songs, and maybe 2 or 3 Pop songs mixed in with it.

For some reason I think we're going to get some more 80s material, since the last couple legs of 360 were dominated by 90s and 00s.

Offline homerj281

• Stateless
  • We fight, all the time... we're the same soul.
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »
If there are two North American legs, they will likely vary in content just like with 360.  We might see a lot of a new album and some other albums starting out, then when the second leg comes through much of that would be swapped out for whatever is about to be remastered.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »
Twilight
Love comes tumbling
Heartland
Seconds

Really? wow, going out on a limb there

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 10:44:55 AM »
Twilight
Love comes tumbling
Heartland
Seconds

Yeah... the question is not what you hope the next tour will be or what you want to be played, but predict the next tour.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 09:41:53 PM »
Twilight
Love comes tumbling
Heartland
Seconds

Yeah... the question is not what you hope the next tour will be or what you want to be played, but predict the next tour.

Validating my response  :D

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 11:06:07 PM »
The new album will be U2's best ever. We'll know this because Bono says it is true. You'll be able to confirm this because Bono mentions this in all 374 interviews that you read, hear and watch.

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the set list and the chosen venues.

There will be 1,721,683 threads here asking for, or presenting, alternative set lists and wondering why certain songs were included/excluded. Every single one of them will be vitally important to understanding just how the fans are feeling. I expect everyone here to read them all. There will be a test.

After having stated that U2 is best built to play arenas then stating only stadiums can show the band at its best, Paul McGuine$$ will state that arenas are meant for U2 when the tour is announced as an arena tour.

U2.com will continue to leave users wanting more and the band will continue to wish that this site was their official web page.

I swear to God, Joe, one of these days I will kiss you square on the mouth. Tongue, no tongue, your choice. :D

Too funny, Monica. I just saw this.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 11:08:58 PM »

I'm not kidding! So, if we ever end up at the same place together warn whoever needs warning.

You make me giggle more than just about anyone else on here. I love that!

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 11:12:20 PM »

I'm not kidding! So, if we ever end up at the same place together warn whoever needs warning.

You make me giggle more than just about anyone else on here. I love that!

Good thing I know you are just amusing yourself until the next tour.  ;)