Author Topic: Zooropa in its own box?  (Read 6202 times)

Offline Georges

• Wanderer
Zooropa in its own box?
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
Hello, you would excuse me if this doesn't make sense, it's a question. I love Zooropa, I was hoping for a box of its own, I see it's bundled with Achtung.

I know this is perfectly rational as both albums are seen as a continuum, but honestly, I fell in love with 'Stay (Faraway so close)' and I was prepared to invest my hard earned cash into a Super Deluxe or Uber Deluxe standalone Zooropa.

Personally the song, the whole album indeed, touches a cord in me while Achtung Baby doesn't, music is very personal you know, it means different things to different people.

marvgadgie

Re: Zooropa in its own box?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 02:15:26 AM »
It seems it is coinsidered Achtung Baby's little brother, almost like an EP from the Achtung Baby era would be considered.

zootv

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:58:26 AM »
I'm a big zooropa fan... IMHO it deserves a separate release and knowing how the band and mcguiness operate, I'm sure it will get one. Why not release it seperately in a year or two when suckers like me are sure to buy it?  At this point Bono could sh#t into a box, call it super deluxe , and if the packaging was nice enough I'd probably buy it. Why you ask? Because I'm a sucker.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:17:55 AM by zootv »

Offline Georges

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:56:23 AM »
Not sure that last post was very helpful. Let me rephrase, I would have preferred to see a box for Achtung, a box for Zooropa. Then I would have had options, where to put my dollars into. Since there is only an Achtung Baby box, I'm staying away from these releases, hoping a new, improved Zooropa-only product comes out in the near future.

zootv

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure that last post was very helpful. Let me rephrase, I would have preferred to see a box for Achtung, a box for Zooropa. Then I would have had options, where to put my dollars into. Since there is only an Achtung Baby box, I'm staying away from these releases, hoping a new, improved Zooropa-only product comes out in the near future.

[/quote
Sorry if I didn't answer your question... Just my attempt at humor. To answer your question I would say yes there will be a separate zooropa release at some point because it will sell and selling=more money

Offline Georges

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »
Thank you.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
I'm hoping Zooropa will have it's own separate release. It really wouldn't make sense not to do it; I just hope it'll come out at the same time as the AB set instead of a couple years down the road.

Offline Gavin Tuesday

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »
If the AB set is any judge, I doubt Zooropa will have its own release.  This round of reissues/remaster is likely the last gasp for the U2 back catalogue in the physical, CD format (one last time to the well, so to speak).  Future reissues will likely all be either digital and/or high fidelity/high bitrate remasters.

Having said that, if you're interested in the outtakes and b-sides from those sessions, rest assured it will all surface eventually in one form or another.

Offline Georges

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 08:58:31 AM »
So word is out that the Zooropa inside the Achtung Baby box IS NOT remastered. Just another reason to stay away from this release.

satellitedog01

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »
I'm a big zooropa fan... IMHO it deserves a separate release and knowing how the band and mcguiness operate, I'm sure it will get one. Why not release it seperately in a year or two when suckers like me are sure to buy it?  At this point Bono could sh#t into a box, call it super deluxe , and if the packaging was nice enough I'd probably buy it. Why you ask? Because I'm a sucker.

Wahahahaha!
Has ZooTV's account been hacked?

Here's to all realists, Jack in a Super Deluxe Box:

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »
So word is out that the Zooropa inside the Achtung Baby box IS NOT remastered. Just another reason to stay away from this release.

betcha it is.

i can think of 6 reasons why AB was definitley going to be remastered, and why would the remaster all the others and not Zooropa?

Offline ormy28

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »
I very much doubt Zooropa will be re-released. Rattle and Hum wasn't, so it seems they are fine in skipping the odd album.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 02:06:57 PM »
I very much doubt Zooropa will be re-released. Rattle and Hum wasn't, so it seems they are fine in skipping the odd album.

it's being re-released. just nothing special about it, just an add-on to the AB set. i get why they did it that way but i say just leave it out and give it it's own 2 disc like the first 3

Offline Georges

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »
it's being re-released. just nothing special about it, just an add-on to the AB set. i get why they did it that way but i say just leave it out and give it it's own 2 disc like the first 3

Exactly.

zootv

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
I'm a big zooropa fan... IMHO it deserves a separate release and knowing how the band and mcguiness operate, I'm sure it will get one. Why not release it seperately in a year or two when suckers like me are sure to buy it?  At this point Bono could sh#t into a box, call it super deluxe , and if the packaging was nice enough I'd probably buy it. Why you ask? Because I'm a sucker.

Wahahahaha!
Has ZooTV's account been hacked?

Here's to all realists, Jack in a Super Deluxe Box:

Thamks for posting the link, thats really cool. Its funny, as i watch that vid i think to myself - "wow these guys go on to be the biggest and the greatest band ever"  I love seeing U2 in the very early stages.