Author Topic: Zoo TV Paris 1992  (Read 4235 times)

An Cat Dubh

Zoo TV Paris 1992
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
Tumbling Dice gave me the inspiration for this.

I'm going to put this in the tours section, although its aimed at the Achtung Baby re-issue/remaster and the travesty at the lack of an unreleased indoor Zoo TV show being included in that package.

May 7th 1992. This was the first ever U2 show I attended. It was completely mind blowing, and is still the best concert I have ever been to in my life. The crowd were nuts. It was boiling hot (inside and outside!), I was in GA on the floor in the small 16,000 capacity Paris Bercy Omnisports, I started standing about center 10 rows back from the front of the stage, but every time any band member moved, the entire floor crowd lifted about 2 feet of the ground, swayed, and pushed you in any direction about 10 feet! It was crazy. Click on any link below to be completely amazed.

Enjoy!

Zoo Station - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - This, after the 80's stuff? Was this the same band? My favorite concert opener ever!

The Fly - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - NUTS! Achtung BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Even Better Than The Real Thing - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - read it and weep 360 version!

Mysterious Ways - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

One - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Until The End Of The World - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - just incredible, difficult to describe really. Im right next to the catwalk as Bono walks down it here - you can see me, just, behind him as he starts to take his jacket off next to the camera boom.  ;D My god, the ending? This is Rock & Roll, indeed.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Classic version of a very underrated song

Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - tell me you are not tapping your feet right now.

Angel Of Harlem - Dancing Queen  ;D - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - still tapping my feet. My favorite snippet that was so good they turned it into full versions of the song later in the tour.

Satellite Of Love - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - cover versions done well.

Bad - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - better than the Live Aid version if you ask me. Brilliant!

Bullet The Blue Sky - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Bring them down SUCKER! Just watch the way Bono heads down the catwalk here! See, this song was brilliant live, once.

Running To Stand Still - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - anyone else agree? - the version of this song played on this tour was the definitive version? Oh my, this section of the show - Bullet/Running/Streets - mesmerizing.

Where The Streets Have No Name - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - if you have hairs on your back, and I hope that only applies the the male population of this forum, then they will be standing on end for the entirety of this performance. Check the camera pan out at 1:35. Im in the middle of THAT! Phew.

Pride - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - I stopped liking any version of this song after this tour.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - tapping your feet again folks?

With Or Without You - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - See my comment above for Pride.

Love Is Blindness - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - The perfect way, to end the perfect show. Edge, I love you. You move me in ways I do not think possible with solos like this.

And there it is. If U2 wont release it officially, at least we can all enjoy U2 at there very best, imho, on their best tour ever. Phew.

Ok, it was not the perfect show (just kidding), they did not play Ultraviolet, so here is a Zoo TV version for you - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - (again, hear it, watch it and weep 360 version!)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:03:38 AM by Zoost »

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
Re: Zoo TV Paris 1992
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
Cheers Zoost  ;D

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
The most amazing thing about this is that Adam isn't dressed like a complete tosser.

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »
Oh yeah! One of my favorites.Have that show saved and I'm watching it often.And I think I will do it again tonight!

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The most amazing thing about this is that Adam isn't dressed like a complete tosser.

:D

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »
Oh yeah! One of my favorites.Have that show saved and I'm watching it often.And I think I will do it again tonight!

Is there a trick to finding FULL shows on YouTube rather than having each song its own segment? I recently found Stockholm '92 in full, and it's so much more enjoyable to watch that way.

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »

Is there a trick to finding FULL shows on YouTube rather than having each song its own segment? I recently found Stockholm '92 in full, and it's so much more enjoyable to watch that way.
I don't know about YT. Easyer way is to use u2torrents.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
I love you Zoost

Wild Horses: AWESOME
Angel of Harlem: "Don't know the words to every chune" :D :D I LOVE THIS SONG
Bad: Nough Said
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:49:33 PM by Miami66 »

Offline SuperAcrobat

• Refugee
  • A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
Zoo TV Paris is the perfect example of how great the early zoo shows were, before the Outside Broadcast and Zooropa legs. IMO, this show is just as good as Stockholm.

zootv

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
that is absolutely brilliant!! u2 at there very best. i wish so much that they would include one of these pro-shot indoor shows on that uber deluxe. thanks for sharing!

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 05:56:32 AM »
There are 4DVD's on the big version : we only know the content of 2 of them - and one of those is the documentary which (presumably) has a lot of the 2011 Theatre footage they recorded in the summer when they loaded into an empty theatre sometime in June or July. That still leaves 2 DVD's : if one of those doesn't contain the Outside Broadcast 1992 TV show, I'll be stunned and annoyed.

zootv

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 06:24:34 AM »
There are 4DVD's on the big version : we only know the content of 2 of them - and one of those is the documentary which (presumably) has a lot of the 2011 Theatre footage they recorded in the summer when they loaded into an empty theatre sometime in June or July. That still leaves 2 DVD's : if one of those doesn't contain the Outside Broadcast 1992 TV show, I'll be stunned and annoyed.

I remember reading that one of those DVD's is zoo tv live from sydney and it's possible that the other DVD is disc 2 of the sydney deluxe version. I hope this isn't the way it's going to be. I really want something new and would love to have an indoor zoo tv show.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 07:15:58 AM »
I'm betting that an indoor show will be on the Remastered 25th Anniversary release.

Mofoface

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 02:36:17 AM »

Link, please?

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 11:11:57 AM »

Link, please?

Sorry, it's Switzerland, but it's a full proshot concert: