Author Topic: Popmart Sarajevo  (Read 4830 times)

Offline m100

• Wanderer
Re: Popmart Sarajevo
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »
yes it is from adam's side.

Offline MissSarajevo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
thanks. I've seen that one

Offline gypsyheart75

• Refugee
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 01:06:33 AM »
I'm watching some of this now for research... it's so moving. You can see how much it means. It's something beautiful.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »
it's such a pity bono's voice was shot after 2 songs. he didn't do much singing for the rest of the show. it must have been his most frustrating gig ever; sounding like rod stewart at a potentially earth shattering event.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
it's such a pity bono's voice was shot after 2 songs. he didn't do much singing for the rest of the show. it must have been his most frustrating gig ever; sounding like rod stewart at a potentially earth shattering event.

His voice only 'went' during Last Night On Earth, and his voice kind of recovered later on.

Listening on the radio, it didn't sound much worse than normal.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »

His voice only 'went' during Last Night On Earth, and his voice kind of recovered later on.

And as anyone who's been to shows and listened to bootlegs knows, it's way harder to notice flaws and flubs when you're actually there than when you're listening later. The atmosphere of the evening completely overshadowed any vocal troubles he had.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »

The crowd really carried the show.

Which makes his current voice rejuvenation all the more amazing. Contrast the 5 year break between Zoo TV and Popmart and the huge drop in his vocals, and the 5 year break between Vertigo tour and 360 where he sounds the same.

satellitedog01

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »
His voice didn't recover much, but it didn't matter. My fave part is in Last Night, where he says a little prayer so he can sing in the middle 8...

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »

As I recall he wasn't even singing in Pride, only speaking the lyrics because he was unable to sing them at all.

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 05:29:29 AM »

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 05:51:22 AM »

Offline Saculniai

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 04:59:49 AM »
Listened to it on the radio (BBCR1) and made my own bootleg. Fortunately Bono loosing his voice (not alwys a good thing) gave us the Edge singing SBS. What a performance!

Jara

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
Listened to it on the radio (BBCR1) and made my own bootleg. Fortunately Bono loosing his voice (not alwys a good thing) gave us the Edge singing SBS. What a performance!
As did i, and i do not remember any of this about Bono losing his voice BUT, do remember feeling let down by the performance for some reason, which i cant quite remember

satellitedog01

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 03:15:06 AM »
That was Bono losing his voice probly, or the fact they didn't play Miami perhaps?

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
Didn't he get a cortisone shot in the middle of the show or something that helped him recover for most of the rest of the show?

And this is how we got Edge solo on SBS correct?