Author Topic: Re-Setting Polls & Re-Naming Threads  (Read 2493 times)

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
Re-Setting Polls & Re-Naming Threads
« on: September 03, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »
Some people have put up polls on the forum and then they have resetted the votes after a period of time. How is this possible and can you do it if the poll has closed after a pre-arranged time?

There is a function that says "remove poll" but everytime I click on it, it says that an error has occured and it asks me to log out and log back in again. I have done this serveral times but to no avail.

Also, people change the names of threads daily so I was wondering how you go about doing that too.

Can anyone help please?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:49:50 AM by A_Fly_On_The_Wall »

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: Re-Setting Polls & Re-Naming Threads
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »
People who reset polls don't understand that they are losing the visibility they want for a new poll by resetting them instead of making a new thread. I don't recommend it if you actually want people to see your new poll. I have never set up a poll here (I think), so I don't know how to reset it. I'd look for something about editing or resetting the poll rather than removing it.

As for renaming threads, it's just a matter of editing the original entry of the thread and renaming it there. Obviously, you must be the thread initiator to be able to do this.

I hope this helps.

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
Re: Re-Setting Polls & Re-Naming Threads
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:34:16 AM »
Yes this has helped a lot thanks Joe  :)