Author Topic: 2012 Member CD  (Read 2671 times)

Offline MelicansMatkin

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Matkin from U2Gigs
Re: 2012 Member CD
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK so I just renewed and got my SECOND copy of Duals. I actually liked Duals but another copy, really  ::)  Does anyone want it ?  :D :D :D

So I really hope I get the next release now. It won't be just for people who renewed after me , right?  >:( :D

Oh and this is funny! I renewed and my records were updated & credit card charged. I received the copy of Duals in about a day only to receive an e-mail saying there was a problem with my payment. The invoice number was wrong though. I called because I didn't want my Horizon status to be voided if it expired due to this problem. A rather snarky girl told me that nothing seems to be wrong with the account. I asked her why I got this e-mail and wrong order number. She was clueless...had no idea.

::) ::) ::) ::)    I hope this does not get messed up down the road!
So I guess the customer service hasn't improved...

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
In the theme of "Duals" they can release it again for 2012 for those who missed out.

They can release an audio version of Rose Bowl in 2CD, or an abridged version of the Best Of Rosebowl like Hasta La Vista Baby.

They also release Wide Awake In Europe on CD plus more bonus tracks: Soon, Winter, No Line On The Horizon, and maybe the version of North Star that was in Transformers.

For those who are hopeful for an unreleased show or something like Glastonbury, there is no chance.  It's not like U2 will just extract that audio and push the "copy" button to churn it out to CD or DVD.  There is a lot of audio and/or video mastering and re-engineering to do and expenses involved.  The fan club quantities sold do not merit enough profits for them to actually do this.

So they will look for something that has already been mixed and mastered.  All they have to do is hire a good intern to design the covers.

Cheers,

J

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 07:06:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In the theme of "Duals" they can release it again for 2012 for those who missed out.

They can release an audio version of Rose Bowl in 2CD, or an abridged version of the Best Of Rosebowl like Hasta La Vista Baby.

They also release Wide Awake In Europe on CD plus more bonus tracks: Soon, Winter, No Line On The Horizon, and maybe the version of North Star that was in Transformers.

For those who are hopeful for an unreleased show or something like Glastonbury, there is no chance.  It's not like U2 will just extract that audio and push the "copy" button to churn it out to CD or DVD.  There is a lot of audio and/or video mastering and re-engineering to do and expenses involved.  The fan club quantities sold do not merit enough profits for them to actually do this.

So they will look for something that has already been mixed and mastered. All they have to do is hire a good intern to design the covers.

Cheers,

J

For once I agree with jick... WTF is up with the covers?!?!