Author Topic: Adam's vocal capabilities  (Read 4321 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: Adam's vocal capabilities
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
I'm with Jen - I just don't think Adam feels like singing on stage. If he did, he would and I have no doubt he would be pretty darn good at it!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it's true Joe.  I believe in U2 by U2 he mentions taking lessons to try to find his voice, as he puts it.  Which he admits didn't happen.  In other words, Adams sings about as well as Bono plays guitar.

*ducks and runs from all the other Bonogirls*

he talks about it in U2 At The End Of The World, after the tour is over and he's living in New York. He was taking singing and bass lessons during this time. He indicated that he was capable of singing and he was surprised that he could do it, but I'm betting he just doesn't feel like singing on stage. I'm sure he sings in the shower or the car, like the rest of us!

Thank you for that mental image.  :D

I do wish he'd recited the lines from "Your Blue Room" that he did on the original recording.

Mental image: I actually thought about that as soon as I started reading this thread!!

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 09:15:59 PM »
I'm with Jen - I just don't think Adam feels like singing on stage. If he did, he would and I have no doubt he would be pretty darn good at it!

I'm sure he would! But I bet he has better things to do, like flirt, then to be distracted with singing!

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »

I think Adam is more than happy with his on stage anonymity  ;D

More of him for the true fangirls to love. The casual fans can contend themselves with the "BONO! BONOOOOOOOOOOO!"-ing

Good one Skelter! :D

HEY!!!  >:( I resent that Jen..... :D

Sorry, it was funny! :D

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »
Love how this has turned into an Adam-loving cesspool! Yeah, now the image of Adam SINGING to himself in his lovely convertible from the driving video he shot is in my head too ;D

I know there's nothing casual about Bono devotion, but the casual fans (which I heard yelling at multiple 360 shows) use Bono as a general term for the band. I daresay they keep their eyes fixed on B the whole time. But Adam... he's a secret gem.

Yes he is!!! And a lovely one to look at!

I like that video, love the song! Maybe he refrained from singing along because he was filming himself.

Offline claytonsbass

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »
Love how this has turned into an Adam-loving cesspool! Yeah, now the image of Adam SINGING to himself in his lovely convertible from the driving video he shot is in my head too ;D

I know there's nothing casual about Bono devotion, but the casual fans (which I heard yelling at multiple 360 shows) use Bono as a general term for the band. I daresay they keep their eyes fixed on B the whole time. But Adam... he's a secret gem.

Oh the thought of him singing in that convertible!  ;D  *melts*

Adam really is a secret gem!  Sometimes it's frustrating as I have no friends to talk Adam with, but it is nice to be one of the few (relatively speaking) in on such a lovely secret.

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:56 PM »

Adam really is a secret gem!  Sometimes it's frustrating as I have no friends to talk Adam with, but it is nice to be one of the few (relatively speaking) in on such a lovely secret.

You need to stop by the forum more often and we can chat!

Offline claytonsbass

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 05:03:55 AM »

Absolutely and thank you!  I need to make this a regular stop.  :D

You need to stop by the forum more often and we can chat!