Author Topic: Ahktoong Bab-Bi Cover -- FAN EDITION -- Covers Wanted!!  (Read 39623 times)

satellitedog01

Re: Ahktoong Bab-Bi Cover -- FAN EDITION -- Covers Wanted!!
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »
Hope I can record MW tomorrow. It's actually a great way to learn first hand about recording and mixing audio. I need to get my chops ready for my own unrecorded songs which are plenty and impatient. :-)

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2011, 11:41:03 PM »
Anybody needs me to track keyboards or do any other instrumentation, throw it at me.  I'm pretty good at adding layers!

OH and dwaltman, would you mind me taking a crack at making a virtual album cover for this? I have a neat idea playing off the AB cover...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:48:26 PM by RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople) »

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 04:55:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anybody needs me to track keyboards or do any other instrumentation, throw it at me.  I'm pretty good at adding layers!

OH and dwaltman, would you mind me taking a crack at making a virtual album cover for this? I have a neat idea playing off the AB cover...

I love this...Collaboration on the tracks, a great new title (@chtung baby edition) suggestion, and now someone wanting to make the cover!  Awesome! Can't wait to see it. 

InThisHeartland

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »

Is it all the contributors avatars arranged like the pictures on the real cover? That was my idea but I'm not good enough to make it.

Offline LEMON!!! [Just don't mention Yahweh]

• Child of Grace
  • Like A Personal Text...
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »
SD, your cover of Until the End of the World is great! Your singing and arrangement made it feel much more like a conversation between a man and a woman than between Judas and Jesus, not that it made it worse! It feels like a completely different song, instead of the rockier feel of the original.
And the snippet of WLCTT was clever. It really surprised me just how well that worked, it's great that you were able to see similarities between the two songs. Well done :)

satellitedog01

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2011, 10:59:11 AM »
:-) Thanks a lot Shelter, glad you like it. The idea for the WLCTT snippet comes from long ago, but since I couldn't ask Bono to try it in concert (it should be sung over the rocking outro, in a high voice) I had to try it myself, albeit a little differently :-D

Today I recorded the basic guitars for a strange, breezy, "foresty" folk version of Mysterious Ways with my lovely and rarely played acoustic guitar. Sounds like it will work quite well against all odds :-)
The music and drums are a little like Fleet Foxes and the vocals won't be as cabaret and weary like Until... I might even try some harmony singing but I'm not quite sure yet how to adapt the funky middle8. I'll work out something.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »

Is it all the contributors avatars arranged like the pictures on the real cover? That was my idea but I'm not good enough to make it.

haha great minds think alike! it was something like that, I was gonna see if I could make it work with the original AB cover...I'll be sure to credit you if I can figure it out!  :D

InThisHeartland

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »

haha great minds think alike! it was something like that, I was gonna see if I could make it work with the original AB cover...I'll be sure to credit you if I can figure it out!  :D

:D Awesome, good luck!

Offline wraitii

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 08:46:15 AM »
Quite an interesting version of Until the End of the World there, satellite dog. Good version of Love Is Blindness too. I think I'll rework my cover of One a bit, I'm not fully satisfied with it. The "Headache in a suitcase" thing gave me an idea.

satellitedog01

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
Thanks, Wraiti, will listen to your new One. It's fun to reimagine the songs.
The Mysterious Ways cover is coming together, tomorrow is vocal time.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
Does anybody have the ability to record a proper backing track for Ultraviolet? SatelliteDog, I'm looking at you. ;)

I would LOVE to record vocals for a proper Ultraviolet cover, but my guitar skills just aren't up to snuff and I can't record drums and bass.

My Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses cover is finished. How do I submit it???
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:19:43 AM by Droo »

satellitedog01

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
Well, I want to finish Mysterious Ways first, but I'll see if I can figure out the guitars to UV. I can record bass (I just didn't want bass in Until) too, but drums are more difficult, they take the most brainwork to get right. Of course the temptation will be there to record the vocals to UV if I do the backing track, so we might end up with two versions :-)

As for posting your recordings, It's surprisingly easy and very quick to set up a Soundcloud account, worked in a flash for me...

Offline wraitii

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
If anybody wants to, I feel like there's potential for a "whispered" version of Acrobat. I can certainly do the whispering, but I can't play the guitar part. Might do with the drum, perhaps the bass.

If KB Fitzgerald, and if I have time ( maybe next week-end ), I might want to overdub his So Cruel.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:59:20 AM by wraitii »

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »
Hmmm... once I get home around the 18th maybe I could try some ideas I had for the Fly. I was thinking electronic industrial smooth lounge feel.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »
Hmmm... once I get home around the 18th maybe I could try some ideas I had for the Fly. I was thinking electronic industrial smooth lounge feel.
. That sounds quite interesting...was hoping someone would try to swat The Fly.