Author Topic: Favorite Concert Intro...  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Favorite Concert Intro...
« on: February 12, 2009, 01:16:43 AM »
This is probably my favorite part of any U2 show. I also like how the song instantly changes when its live. (obviously alot their songs change a bit live, but the intro ones get that beginning change.) Ive been lucky to see a show for each studio album since The Joshua Tree. Streets is amazing as we all know. Need I say anymore. ZOO TV was just as good. Zoo Station was great, as Bono rises up. POP was interesting. The pop musik song and then switchin to Mofo was cool. However, the Elevation Tour was brilliance. I remember being in the heart for one show. The house lights on, and that funky intro of Elevation kickin in. (my fav elevation mix) And here come the boys. Freakin awesome. Next up, the Vertigo Tour. I wasnt sure how they would top that. Well the lights go off, that long intro of COBL kicks in. I see the boys on stage, but wheres Bono? Oh crap, he just popped up on the Elipse (is that what it was called?) confetti and all. Awesome. Well I cant even imagine what we'll see on the new tour, but Im sure it will be a sight. So share your thoughts on your fav intro. Id like to hear some stories bout the pre- Joshua Tree shows.

Offline spanner

• Numb
Re: Favorite Concert Intro...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 04:35:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is probably my favorite part of any U2 show. I also like how the song instantly changes when its live. (obviously alot their songs change a bit live, but the intro ones get that beginning change.) Ive been lucky to see a show for each studio album since The Joshua Tree. Streets is amazing as we all know. Need I say anymore. ZOO TV was just as good. Zoo Station was great, as Bono rises up. POP was interesting. The pop musik song and then switchin to Mofo was cool. However, the Elevation Tour was brilliance. I remember being in the heart for one show. The house lights on, and that funky intro of Elevation kickin in. (my fav elevation mix) And here come the boys. Freakin awesome. Next up, the Vertigo Tour. I wasnt sure how they would top that. Well the lights go off, that long intro of COBL kicks in. I see the boys on stage, but wheres Bono? Oh crap, he just popped up on the Elipse (is that what it was called?) confetti and all. Awesome. Well I cant even imagine what we'll see on the new tour, but Im sure it will be a sight. So share your thoughts on your fav intro. Id like to hear some stories bout the pre- Joshua Tree shows.
this is difficault because some of the intros have been amazing !
1.i love the joshua tree intro with the red background and the start of streets
2.the start of zoo tv (indoor) where bono just wondered wailing something and then the intro to zoo station kicked in.. awsome
3.elevation with the trippy intro and all the band walking on stage was great before kicking into elevation
i think id probbaly go with zoo tv the crowd would be at fever pitch and bono just appeared on the side and it was just amazing :)
where you at one of the sept chicago vertigo shows when bono walked along the rails of the elipse and just appeared at the centre of the elipse out of the blue ? he was a rail between me and him when i realiased he was walking along the railing where i was on edge's side in the elipse and i got a pic of the side of his face as he passed :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:34:38 PM by spanner »

Offline MrsBrown

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »
Clannad, Theme from "Harry's Game."  War Tour.  You can hear at beginning of "UABRS" video.  Incredibly perfect.  Somber, moody, ethereal.  Worked so well.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »
Elevation Tour.

Cheers,

J

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
Clannad, Theme from "Harry's Game."  War Tour.  You can hear at beginning of "UABRS" video.  Incredibly perfect.  Somber, moody, ethereal.  Worked so well.

Ummm, that was the outro.......regardless of how it was made to look on video

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:17:26 AM »
#1 - JT
#2 - Zoo
#3 - Pop

Offline vittau

• Refugee
  • A complete stranger into your home
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:49:50 AM »
No Line on the Horizon. Larry comes in drumming, then the Edge and Bono enter, and they start Magnificent in all it's epic glory.

Oh wait, this hasn't happened yet. ;D

Offline MrsBrown

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »

True, true.  Thanks for the correction.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 12:30:45 PM »

Love it MrsBrown!!!! ;)

joegtheog

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
POPMart when they walk through the crowd to "POPMuzik" and then kick off MOFO

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Favorite Concert Intro...
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 03:57:46 PM »
Hey Spanner, I was at both shows. Got into the Elipse the 2nd nite. I also was at the shows in May, and got great shots of Bono as well. Thanks to my daughter, we got into the Elipse twice. The first nite freaked us out. We were standing in the back of the Elipse, right where Bono came up.

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »
They are all great of course, I like the start of ZooTV.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 10:41:33 PM »
Pop Musik/Mofo - Popmart
4th of July/11 o'Clock Tick Tock - Unforgettable Fire (spring '85)
We Will Rock You(EBN version)/Zoo Station - ZooTV

#@!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:43:52 PM by hurricane hugo »

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 02:39:26 AM »

Not from my experience. When I first saw them in 1984, they opened the show with it on both nights that I saw them. As with UABRS, the first song they played was Out of Control, which made for a blitstering start.

daveyg

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 07:31:32 AM »
Has to be ZooTV followed by a very close second that is Pop!