Author Topic: October's 30th Anniversary Celebration  (Read 856 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
October's 30th Anniversary Celebration
« on: November 03, 2011, 07:38:36 AM »
I know I am a staff member, but I was a member of this forum and faithfully followed @U2 long before that. As a fan of U2 since the band formed, I considered this site to be number 1 - a class act all the way, really.

As a fan of the album, October , I would just like to say thank you so much to the staff (& forum members) for all the work that went in to celebrating the album's 30th anniversary. It was a beautiful tribute to an album that I consider every bit as worthy and important as Achtung, Baby. Every one will talk about that one (including the band themselves!), but I believe only @U2 talked about this one and gave it the attention it deserved.

Thanks to m2 for allowing me to be a part of it. I had the honor of writing an essay about why I love the album and the icing on the cake - it was published on the exact anniversary of the album's release!  How cool is that! It was such a thrill for me. I really enjoyed Ian's essay on why he does not like it. It made it all the more interesting and balanced.

I am sure the Achtung , Baby celebration this month will be every bit as good because @U2 is always first rate.