Author Topic: New member from Belgium  (Read 637 times)

Offline Yatkuu

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • It's no secret that the stars...
New member from Belgium
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Hi!

A few words about myself...
I'm a Belgian U2 fan, I'm 34, I have seen U2 in concert 3 times, POP in 97' in Werchter, Elevation in 2001 in Paris and 360 in 2011 in Brussels... all great experience that I'll never forget.
I collect CD singles, I actually frame them by theme - for instance group the 4 picture disks of Rattle and Hum... that kind of thing.
I know it's going to sound lame in view of the band current activity but my all time favorite album is Achtung Baby... that album rocks from the first second to the last. My favorite song is probably "Where the streets..." I sometimes find myself with tears in my eyes when I listen to it carefully (oh come on, I can't be the only one!).
I have read most of the books about the band & Bono, feels like I've known these guys for years but sadly I never had the chance to meet them.
To me U2 means friendship above everything. I listen to U2 and I think of the great times I've had with friends while listening to them.
My other passion/hobby is playing with Lego (yeah I know... there is a name for that it's called an AFOL - Adult Fan Of Lego) and I recently started mixing my 2 passions U2+Lego... Someday I'll post my creations in the main forum, in the meantime if you are curious and want to check it out you can take a look at my Flickr page :You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: New member from Belgium
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
I had to view your Lego creation in Large/close up! Fantastic!

Really loved what you wrote. Welcome and you are certainly at home here! I look forward to "seeing" you on the boards!

:)