Author Topic: U2 fan + Lego fan = crazy builds  (Read 4129 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: U2 fan + Lego fan = crazy builds
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
Very cool!  8)

I wish I had a photo of the "Occupy Lego Land" display I saw at the OWS protest park last week. It was great too!

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 03:09:30 PM »
All kinds of cool! Edge's face cracks me up :)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 08:37:31 PM »
I've posted this before but here is my U2 = Lego creation:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When you make this when you're at work:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »
Ooooh nice Miami but I think Yatkuu just has you covered :-)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 11:40:23 PM »
These are so cool! I saw the Lemon one on FB a few weeks ago, someone shared it from your FB page.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 11:50:13 PM »
If ever the day comes when you need to raise money, I'm putting in my bids for the TV and Lemon sets RIGHT NOW!

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 02:11:55 AM »
Crazy and awesome !

keep posting these !

isn't Adam's chest from Star wars too ? (rebel pilot)

Offline Dublin

• Babyface
  • We wait all day, for night to come...and it comes.
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 05:42:05 AM »
WOW! Seriously awesome!!! I love them.....when is The CLAW coming :) Great job, you are wicked talented. Thank you for sharing.  :)

Offline Yatkuu

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • It's no secret that the stars...
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 06:15:28 AM »
Thanks again everyone for the great feedbacks!

For the people who have asked if it was ok to post the pictures on their FB or other please note that I have absolutely no problem with that, I posted these here to share them with the community so feel free to use them... I'd appreciate that you just give credit where it belongs though ;) ! (Please note you can grab high res versions from my Flickr if you want to use them as desktop background)

Regarding the question of selling my work... well truth be told I never considered the idea but I'm not doing it for the money so I'm afraid my answer will be no! That being said the initial reason why started building these was that I wanted to offer one of them to the band... the Lemon.
(actually I'd rather not give it for free but Id like to exchange if for a donation to Amnesty, Greenpeace or One.org).
I know it's a long shot but it would be my way to thank them for all the good times they gave me so farso if you happen to be a member of U2 or you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a member of U2 please spread the word!

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 06:39:03 AM »
Just spotted this thread.. this is amazing.  I can see this turning into a little competition  :).  However I think Yatkuu already has it in the bag. 

Good luck with contacting U2... perhaps m2 can help, he seems be linked in with the guys on U2.com these days  ;)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 09:25:07 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks again everyone for the great feedbacks!

For the people who have asked if it was ok to post the pictures on their FB or other please note that I have absolutely no problem with that, I posted these here to share them with the community so feel free to use them... I'd appreciate that you just give credit where it belongs though ;) ! (Please note you can grab high res versions from my Flickr if you want to use them as desktop background)

Regarding the question of selling my work... well truth be told I never considered the idea but I'm not doing it for the money so I'm afraid my answer will be no! That being said the initial reason why started building these was that I wanted to offer one of them to the band... the Lemon.
(actually I'd rather not give it for free but Id like to exchange if for a donation to Amnesty, Greenpeace or One.org).
I know it's a long shot but it would be my way to thank them for all the good times they gave me so farso if you happen to be a member of U2 or you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a member of U2 please spread the word!
I gave you cred in the caption and then, of course, yours and Bono's Trabant has YOUR license plate! Just excellent, Yatkuu!!  8)

Sharing your talent w/ the band - Love this!! I wish I could think of something to thank them tangibly as well. I really do think they'd LOVE your LEMON! Would it be too over the top to put a recorded Lemon, or should it be Mofo, on a motion sensitive chip and place it inside the Lemon?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:28:57 AM by mdmomof7 »

Offline Yatkuu

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • It's no secret that the stars...
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 01:46:24 AM »
Hi guys, I'm digging up this thread because if you liked my U2 LEGO builds you will perhaps be interested in supporting my entry in the Achtung Baby collage!
I have submitted my rendition of the ZOO TV Stage:

You may cast your vote at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
Thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:30:20 AM by Yatkuu »