Author Topic: Has Ali Hewson expressed any thoughts on Bono's onstage antics with women?  (Read 12114 times)

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
It seems that Bono and Ali Hewson have a very good marriage, based on interviews and all that...but the part that seems to be overlooked is all of the stuff Bono's done over the years with women on stage.

During ZooTV, Bono did all kinds of sensual dancing, kissing, etc. with women on stage. It's kind of gotten more tame as Bono's gotten older, but he still did it during Vertigo and 360 I believe. I can understand bringing a woman up on stage to dance as a sort of artistic thing that fits some songs, and I wouldn't say that Bono shouldn't even think about having a modest dance with a woman, but what he does/has done with some women basically seems to go quite beyond that...

I was just kind of wondering if there was anything out there where Ali talks about how she feels about it or whatever, or if she just kind of looks the other way. I can find quite a few interviews with Ali by searching, but none of the ones I've found really address this. I think it's kind of sad if Ali just pretends it doesn't exist, and Bono just does whatever he wants. It's also kind of sad that Bono doesn't seem to care about it.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Has Ali Hewson expressed any thoughts on Bono's onstage antics with women?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 11:32:25 PM »
I have never seen a passionate kiss by Mr. B. Rather, I've seen a play acting kind of kiss and/or alluring gestures and such. Do you have some in mind?

Do you think he is different than an actor when he's up there? He's a performer.

By the looks of Ali and her beauty and grace, she has nothing to be worried about.

But, I can see how one could think so.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 12:39:04 AM »
I've always taken that as Bono's performer instinct - crowds love it. My guess Ali would rib him about his choice of who to pull up - otherwise she'll get the connectivity thing

Offline bgirl

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 07:39:42 AM »
 :D ;) well B and myself have discussed this with Ali,  he has told her several times that flirtation is just part of the job.  And that I am the only woman he would seriously consider running away with.....sorry Ali, admire you deeply,  BUT...........*******wakes up from a sound sleep, suddenly realizes "damn I'm having one of those dreams again"  :) ;D

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:17:59 AM »
*sigh* this again.

Bono has shared more passionate kisses with his bandmates than with the women he pulls on stage. If I was on my computer I would post the gifs but you cam go to the B/ threads to see them.

Bono is a tactile kind of guy, I'm sure he and Ali have an understanding.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:57:44 AM »
We'll never really know what goes on between Ali and Bono. It is their relationship and it is private.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We'll never really know what goes on between Ali and Bono. It is their relationship and it is private.

*SG pours a bucket of cold water over the thread.*  :D

Offline bwm231163

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »
I think it's purely performance and I'm sure there's not a problem. Similarly, actors regularly have to kiss and act passionately with fellow performers; it's just part of the job.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »

*SG pours a bucket of cold water over the thread.*  :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  So sorry..didn't mean to be a party pooper or should I say thread killer! Just my thoughts on it. Carry on!  ;)

mariamontreal

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 04:08:49 AM »
I am very sure Ali has no issues with that she is a very confident woman and she knows her man . They have a great marriage and the few times he does it, it  is really just part of the act. My understanding is the girl is usually picked before they go on stage so she is aware as to which song she will be pulled,and coached what she can do and cannot. A close dance, hug and a kiss on the hand or cheek is nothing serious. I think she is fine with it. I would be more concerned with all the model friends they socialize with, they are beauties and  most of the girls  he pulls are very young around the age of his own daughters. It's all good !
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:12:03 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 06:28:27 AM »
I am very sure Ali has no issues with that she is a very confident woman and she knows her man . They have a great marriage and the few times he does it, it  is really just part of the act. My understanding is the girl is usually picked before they go on stage so she is aware as to which song she will be pulled,and coached what she can do and cannot. A close dance, hug and a kiss on the hand or cheek is nothing serious. I think she is fine with it. I would be more concerned with all the model friends they socialize with, they are beauties and  most of the girls  he pulls are very young around the age of his own daughters. It's all good !

One of the members here (Voxare) was pulled on stage in Perth last year, she was not coached, it was random.

HyperU2

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 06:53:42 AM »
I remember the one girl who got a bit too carried away on stage in Canada I believe.  Bono had a problem with her, without Ali needing to add input.  I'm sure she's safe.

ETA

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:56:29 AM by HyperU2 »

mariamontreal

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »

One of the members here (Voxare) was pulled on stage in Perth last year, she was not coached, it was random.
I was told they knew sometimes in advance , you can tell on some of the dvd\s and I also read maybe not always . but sometimes.

mariamontreal

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
Maybe not always but sometimes , especially when they are filming.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
I bet she kept a close eye on this chick: