Author Topic: Has Ali Hewson expressed any thoughts on Bono's onstage antics with women?  (Read 12110 times)

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
Re: Has Ali Hewson expressed any thoughts on Bono's onstage antics with women?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's already been stated here, but I think that Bono sees himself very much as a performer (actor, if you will) and that anything he does on stage is not connected with the Paul Hewson who lives his personal life. I am sure Ali gets this too. I think there's a whole secret side to their relationship we'll never know. Bono (as well as the rest of the band) is extremely good at separating his personal life from the public. He shields his kids (what do we really know about them?). None of us know Bono off-stage.

Yeah, it's a bit like Larry getting annoyed when politicians think they're his best friend all of a sudden; he's a performer on stage and a salesman in his charity work, it's his job to flirt and beguile people in order to sell his wares but it doesn't mean Tony Blair is his best mate or he's having it off with the fangirls.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 04:04:25 PM »
I can definitely understand that his onstage antics are part of the show, however I remember during the Elevation tour when they were in Toronto, Bono was in a restaurant having lunch and started chatting up the waitresses, then he left the restaurant with 3 of them and they all went to a different restaurant and then went bowling.  I think I might draw the line at bowling with waitresses!

Offline AltRockAddict

• Staring at the Sun
  • U2 has disappointed me. My entire collection 4sale
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can definitely understand that his onstage antics are part of the show, however I remember during the Elevation tour when they were in Toronto, Bono was in a restaurant having lunch and started chatting up the waitresses, then he left the restaurant with 3 of them and they all went to a different restaurant and then went bowling.  I think I might draw the line at bowling with waitresses!
I am ambivalent about what Bono does.  Ali is an Aries and that is perhaps the most jealous sign in the zodiac.  She trusts him because of their love, history and the knowledge that he is her soul mate.  But I personally think  songs like Electrical Storm (and the entire beginning of the Chicago Vertigo show) are his way of apologizing for hurting her in some way (?) just like The Sweetest Thing.  All I know is what they have they make work and to me that's a fairytale romance if ever there was one.  But sometimes I do find myself thinking "Poor Ali!" when Bono gets passionate with a fan.

"Baby got blue skies up ahead/But in this I'm a rain cloud/You know she like a dry kind of love"  :-*

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:45:29 PM by AltRockAddict »