Author Topic: The RS 500 Greatest Albums of All Time  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
Re: The RS 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not a huge Nirvana fan, but I don't understand all this hate.  They paved the way for so many rock artists and revolutionized the grunge aspect of rock.  They opened the doors to rock bands such as Pearl Jam, Alice n Chains, Bush, and so so so many more.  Kurt Cobain or Nirvana may not be one the most talneted rock artists/bands, but they do deserve a helluva lot respect and I have no problem with their album being that hight.  however, not higher than U2...lol

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Nirvana are hardly the greatest, but they did alot for music.

People should remember that.

And they've done some pretty decent tunes too. There's more than just the 'overrated' Smells Like Teen Spirit, or Nevermind.  ;)

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 05:08:13 PM »
I'm not a huge Nirvana fan, but I don't understand all this hate.  They paved the way for so many rock artists and revolutionized the grunge aspect of rock.  They opened the doors to rock bands such as Pearl Jam, Alice n Chains, Bush, and so so so many more.  Kurt Cobain or Nirvana may not be one the most talneted rock artists/bands, but they do deserve a helluva lot respect and I have no problem with their album being that hight.  however, not higher than U2...lol

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Nirvana are hardly the greatest, but they did alot for music.

People should remember that.

And they've done some pretty decent tunes too. There's more than just the 'overrated' Smells Like Teen Spirit, or Nevermind.  ;)

Sometimes a light than burns for a short time but brightly is the most brilliant.

Offline Ro~Jo

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
I don't care what Rolling Stone says...Achtung Baby is number one on my list, and that's all that matters to me.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »
26. Joshua Tree
62. Achtung Baby
139. ATYCLB
221. War
417. Boy

Whatever, Rolling Stone. Whatever.

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
  • "Dream Out Loud, at high volume" - Bono
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
For some strange reason U2 are always underrated on top album lists but always rate highly on top song lists. In general Rolling Stone lists are a joke but I agree with most of the top 10. In my opinion Achtung Baby should always be in the top 10 on any list of the top albums.

30 years from now, several U2 albums will be near the top, the fact that they are still making relevant music hurts them on these nostalgia lists.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »
The only U2 album which is significantly underrated is Actung Baby.