Author Topic: u22 setlist  (Read 32931 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: u22 setlist
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For those of you who are disappointed in the lack of NLOTH songs, just listen to the audio rip of the 360 dvd.
Is there somewhere where this is available?

U2Start.com is your friend.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
For those of you who are disappointed in the lack of NLOTH songs, just listen to the audio rip of the 360 dvd.

U2Start.com is your friend.

Thanks! :)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
So how the heck are they going to do Zooropa? Will it include the Questions intro? I feel that intro adds enormously to the power of the song but it might sound a little awkward without Miss Sarajevo.

It'll be a fade into the questions intro. To neuter the song would be to start when Edge plays the riff, and hopefully they'll refrain from doing this.

I've already had to re-edit bootlegs in audacity to take off the questions intro from Miss Sarajevo and put them onto Zooropa.

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2012, 11:21:49 AM »
This set was never going to completely please everybody.

There's the "fan" who pays the membership fee but only wants to hear the big hits.  For them the final selection is probably very good.

Then there's the "fanatic" who wants the obscure songs that only got played at a show or two.  For them its a collection of songs that they already have on all their bootlegs or the Slane CD. 

I think by having the fans pick the songs, the band doesn't have to worry about catching flack for the final track listing.  After all they didn't pick the songs.  We, the fans did.

Part of me hopes that the 24 songs that didn't make the cut go into the vaults and are used for next years fan club gift. 

That way, everybody gets all the songs and everybody is happy.

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »

I got it from this site-

mp3va.com (just search U2)

It's real, no need to worry about a scam, but you could probably find it elsewhere if you looked. Try using filestube to find it, that usually works.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »

I got it from this site-

mp3va.com (just search U2)

It's real, no need to worry about a scam, but you could probably find it elsewhere if you looked. Try using filestube to find it, that usually works.

lol.

scroll up.

Offline two hearts

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
Cant believe stingray didn't make it. a song you cant get any where else don't get that one.
Bit like not wanting a free download of the Glastonbury song

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
Why would anyone want to waste one of 22 tracks on an instrumental like Stingray? Its only power was in watching Bono prance around at the same time. Audio only, it would be dreadful.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2012, 03:19:28 PM »
Why would anyone want to waste one of 22 tracks on an instrumental like Stingray? Its only power was in watching Bono prance around at the same time. Audio only, it would be dreadful.

Yeah, if they're going to include an intro then why not pick Soon.

elevation_man

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
I think the set list is milquetoast, a lot of previous songs that have been played and captured in live form many, many times over.  *Yawns*.  Needs more NLOTH.

But for those who are adventurous enough - let me shine a light on some key phrases to Google (Bing, Yahoo, Inktomi, whatever).  They are as follows:

"U2"
"IEM"
"(insert song name here)"

Lemme break 'em down for you:

U2 - no explanation needed but to be sure:  World's Best Band.  Ever.  All time.  For ever.  And ever.  Amen.
IEM - In Ear Monitor.  Turns out the ear monitor they (and many other bands) use are wireless.  Guess what?  Some other, more different people have, at various points, figured out how to tune into the frequency broadcast to the band members' IEMs.  They then record said broadcast and those who are really nice put them into the ether (ehm..."Internet") for you to enjoy.  Should you decide to want an MP3 copy of an IEM mix, turns out there's plenty of web services that do that.  Running a query of "Youtube" "Convert" "MP3" will get you on that path.

Assuming the band does not care (and we *know* their stated stance on bootlegs of live shows - they are OK with it so long as you don't get ripped off by it -- and if they are *NOT* ok with it, then disregard everything I just told you), voila, a better-than-audience-level-but-not-quite-broadcast-level live recording. 

Example:

BTW:  Neat thing - you'll get to hear the time keeping the band hears as the move from verse to chorus to bridge etc.  Sounds like Bono did some prep work in counting as I think it's his voice you hear doing the time keeping, calling out transitions.

You're welcome.  I prefer payment in good micro beers   ;)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:29:43 PM by elevation_man »

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »

Presumably because that person wouldn't consider it a waste, much as someone might consider Zooropa to be a waste because it's one of the rare U2 songs to be weaker live than studio, but I bet most others would disagree. (For the record, I think it is definitely weaker live, but am glad it's on U2-2 and voted for it.)  Plus of course, Stingray hasn't actually been released!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
All of the songs chosen are weaker live than the studio, with the exception of Streets.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
I disagree. I find UTEOTW on the album to be a boring nothing of a sludge. Live it at least gets SOME power to it (although I still don't like it very much).

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »
I find UTEOTW on the album to be a boring nothing of a sludge.

Maybe you need your ears syringing.

elevation_man

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »

I disagree.  I have the audio only version of it and it's fine even though it's instrumental.  But that's what makes all of us unique - it's OK for other people to like different things.  :)