Author Topic: WWBD? A fun place ask yourself.. What Would Bono Do?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
  • RAN the Marine Corps Marathon 10/30/2011
WWBD? A fun place ask yourself.. What Would Bono Do?
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »
Ok, I know we've all done it.  We've been in circumstances that called for action, compassion, quick wit or all of the above.. and said... hmm, what would Bono do?  Let the games begin~!

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
Re: WWBD? A fun place ask yourself.. What Would Bono Do?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »
You're trying to decide whether to listen to Pop or HTDAAB, and you ask yourself, WWBD?

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
My entire career is based on that one question. Have to go on TV or radio for a half hour segment? WWBD? Need to feed 200 people with no money? WWBD? Hometown blown away/flooded/burned up? WWBD? Have 50 or 60 untrained or unmotivated volunteers? WWBD?

Its amazing how handy it comes in and has yet to fail me.

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You're trying to decide whether to listen to Pop or HTDAAB, and you ask yourself, WWBD?

I'll guess POP.. :)

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 03:57:55 PM »
My entire career is based on that one question. Have to go on TV or radio for a half hour segment? WWBD? Need to feed 200 people with no money? WWBD? Hometown blown away/flooded/burned up? WWBD? Have 50 or 60 untrained or unmotivated volunteers? WWBD?

Monicalea - this is a great example of what I was talking about.  I'm sorry about the tornadoes.  We were skipped over this round.. but it's early in the season. 

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 08:20:45 AM »

Monicalea - this is a great example of what I was talking about.  I'm sorry about the tornadoes.  We were skipped over this round.. but it's early in the season. 

I tell you, I am so sick of tornadoes I could scream. This is the third year in a row we have had major damage from tornadoes and like you said, it's not even officially tornado season. I don't even want to think of what the Spring will be like. We've always had a lot of storms and our fair share of tornadoes, but the past three years have seen much more destructive storms than we have had in the past. Also, our population has grown a good deal so there have been more people affected by the storms than was the case historically.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »
He's not Jesus, you know.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 08:26:11 AM »

He's not Jesus, you know.

He's not?!  :o

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 08:37:32 AM »

I tell you, I am so sick of tornadoes I could scream. This is the third year in a row we have had major damage from tornadoes and like you said, it's not even officially tornado season. I don't even want to think of what the Spring will be like. We've always had a lot of storms and our fair share of tornadoes, but the past three years have seen much more destructive storms than we have had in the past. Also, our population has grown a good deal so there have been more people affected by the storms than was the case historically.
I have seriously thought about moving.  When the system started forming on Sunday morning I went into panic mode.  This is just NO way to live.  I know that there's nothing I can do about the weather.. but I CAN leave, right? 

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 08:40:32 AM »
Pink bonoglasses...or green bonoglasses.. ??  It's kind of cloudy out..

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 09:12:55 AM »
I have seriously thought about moving.  When the system started forming on Sunday morning I went into panic mode.  This is just NO way to live.  I know that there's nothing I can do about the weather.. but I CAN leave, right? 

Every place has their own risks so it just depends on what kind of risk you can deal with. I can't even imagine living in California because of the earthquakes, for instance. And I'm sure that many people couldn't handle random tornadoes and the possibility of hurricanes.

northstarjo

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
This fall I had to make a decision about a long-term committment/program I was recommended to start.....kind of a personal growth/self-help thing that was a scary step for me.  I actually did think WWBD about it.....and you know it worked because I knew it would be the kind of thing he would say "do it, go for it".  So I did - and I'd like to think if he knew, he'd be proud!  ;)

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »
This fall I had to make a decision about a long-term committment/program I was recommended to start.....kind of a personal growth/self-help thing that was a scary step for me.  I actually did think WWBD about it.....and you know it worked because I knew it would be the kind of thing he would say "do it, go for it".  So I did - and I'd like to think if he knew, he'd be proud!  ;)

Wow.  I do this all the time.  I also make sure to dream out loud!!

Offline Edgemonton

• Wanderer
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
On my math exam tomorrow; is the answer A or C? WWBD

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »
We have a lot of pregnant folks at work.  From our teaching staff of 27, 3 women and 2 men are expecting.  Of course the kids pick up on this trend and start asking all of us, "When are you going to have a(nother) kid?"  I'm sure it was inevitable, but today I heard the kids mumbling that I was pregnant too...
...so what would Bono do?  I think he'd have one of his disarming, self-deprecating moments...I must've had this one in my back pocket for quite a while, because out it flew quite naturally: "Oh I'm not pregnant.  I'm just fat.  But thanks for noticing!"