Author Topic: Teenagers of today liking U2 ?  (Read 26231 times)

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
Re: Teenagers of today liking U2 ?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 04:15:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I almost think it's kindda nice not that many younger people like U2.  Makes it more special for us.  On the other hand, it would be nice....but then again a lot of my friends are older than me and do like U2, so I can't really complain.  Some folks get it, some folks don't.  It's all good...
No teen likes U2 besides the ones on here. Everyone I know hates them/ thinks Bono is the gayest man on Earth.

Not that extreme, but to a point I find that to be true. They just love their Justin Bieber and Eminem too much.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 04:25:06 PM »
I almost think it's kindda nice not that many younger people like U2.  Makes it more special for us.  On the other hand, it would be nice....but then again a lot of my friends are older than me and do like U2, so I can't really complain.  Some folks get it, some folks don't.  It's all good...
No teen likes U2 besides the ones on here. Everyone I know hates them/ thinks Bono is the gayest man on Earth.

Um. He's married. To a woman. And is clearly a bit of a cheeky womanizer on stage.

Unless you're using "gay" as a synonym for "bad". In which case, I await your apology.

Offline balchinian1

• Staring at the Sun
  • We could live forever if you've got the time
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 04:28:54 PM »
people just dont get it these days! They dont understand being a rock star, dancing around the stage and stuff, putting on a good show! Zoo TV would blow their minds, even I cant quite believe it was a couple of years before I was born

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
The biggest reason that most teenagers, and adults don't like U2 doesn't really have anything to do with U2, rather more to do with Bono.

AH, I don't think it's that extreme, rather, they only see Bono doing all this charity and good humanitarian type work because of his ego, which nobody can doubt Bono has. So these people will only look at Bono and see his sometimes over-inflated ego which sometimes makes him look bad. They will appreciate him for all the outside work he has done, but otherwise they have the mindset of "how does a rockstar know so much about Africa?" Etc.

Offline horizon

• Elevated
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »

Not that extreme, but to a point I find that to be true. They just love their Justin Bieber and Eminem too much.
no. They think he's gay. "Homo bono" is frequently said.

Um. He's married. To a woman. And is clearly a bit of a cheeky womanizer on stage.

Unless you're using "gay" as a synonym for "bad". In which case, I await your apology.
No, people I know think that. I know he's married (I try pointing that out).

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »
Cute. Still awaiting your apology for your offensive language.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 04:39:13 PM »

no. They think he's gay. "Homo bono" is frequently said.

No, people I know think that. I know he's married (I try pointing that out).

It's certainly true and surprising that there is still a fair deal of homophobia among the young generation.

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
And this is why most teenagers don't like U2. Because most teenagers are terrible people.

Offline balchinian1

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
And this is why most teenagers don't like U2. Because most teenagers are terrible people.

now that is just prejudice and age-ist! Remember your generation raised us like this! (but yeah, most of us are terrible people)

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
Hey I want to think teenagers are good, reasonable, sensitive beings. YouTube and Facebook comment sections have proven this to be largely untrue, though.

That's not to say that there aren't lots of lovely, respectable ones who I hold in very high esteem. Like Ken, for example.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »
There's nowt so queer as folk.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:55:14 PM by Tumbling Dice »

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »
Huh?

Offline balchinian1

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
compared to the global population of teenagers, the one who make the comments are a very very small percentage, its just they are given more media attention, so more people judge the rest of us, or the not very smart teenagers think they should also make the comments. Most teenagers out there would say they hate those sorts of people as well, but those people who want to do well dont get any attention because of the ones who drag us down, so dont take something as offensive, then offend teenagers  ;)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »
Huh?

Oh sorry, I forgot you are a foreigner.

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »
so dont take something as offensive, then offend teenagers  ;)

Using "gay" as a synonym for "bad" or "stupid" IS offensive. If you're incapable of understanding why, that says more about you than it says about me. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant by your post.