Author Topic: Mercy....  (Read 2105 times)

Offline two hearts

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Mercy....
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
outtake > 360. neither are album worthy but HTDAAB or NLOTH could of used it as a b-side

B side i remember u2 doing them. Are you gonna wait forever?
 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   i might be wrong but wasnt this the last original b side
great tune.
ps   how's it going desert sky

Offline TheSceneoftheAccident

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I've been in every black hole
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 03:38:38 PM »
My guess is that the 6 note intro was too similar to the 6 note intro to miracle drug, so they axed mercy, miracle drug was also a lot shorter and could have been released as a single since they promoted it heavily pre-album release.

YES. YES YES YES YES YES. FINALLY someone else sees the MD connection! the first time i heard Mercy it reminded me of MD.

I never noticed much, mostly because of my lack of listening to Miracle Drug.

And they ended up putting the worse of two songs on the album.

Yeah, Mercy is much better than Miracle Drug, but Miracle Drug is still one of the better songs on the album. So they could have dropped it for Mercy and still had a terrible album. What a predicament. Both Miracle Drug and Mercy could have been on there, I imagine Mercy would have made a good closing track.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
Out-take is a pretty poor song which would have been good on HTDAAB only in relation to some of the stuff there.

360 version is a brilliant rock song.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »
My guess is that the 6 note intro was too similar to the 6 note intro to miracle drug, so they axed mercy, miracle drug was also a lot shorter and could have been released as a single since they promoted it heavily pre-album release.

YES. YES YES YES YES YES. FINALLY someone else sees the MD connection! the first time i heard Mercy it reminded me of MD.

I never noticed much, mostly because of my lack of listening to Miracle Drug.

And they ended up putting the worse of two songs on the album.

Yeah, Mercy is much better than Miracle Drug, but Miracle Drug is still one of the better songs on the album. So they could have dropped it for Mercy and still had a terrible album. What a predicament. Both Miracle Drug and Mercy could have been on there, I imagine Mercy would have made a good closing track.

id say it's neck and neck but i would take Mercy over MD only due to the TERRIBLE lyrics in MD. But yea neither song is note worthy imo

Offline Saculniai

• Wanderer
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 11:47:18 AM »
Mercy is one of those songs by U2 that I don't understand particularly since joining the forums. In my opinion its right down there with U2s worst song - EPAA! Why so many people are wasting time discussing this is beyond me. The song is crap - simples.

Only assume its desparation awaiting some new stuff......

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
Mercy is one of those songs by U2 that I don't understand particularly since joining the forums. In my opinion its right down there with U2s worst song - EPAA! Why so many people are wasting time discussing this is beyond me. The song is crap - simples.

Only assume its desparation awaiting some new stuff......

song is without a doubt forgettable at best, but the song was leaked in 2006 so its been around pre-NLOTH and just keeps coming back.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »
Old Mercy is nice...for the first three minutes. Then you realize it really doesn't have that much to offer.

Like Bad.

Oh snap!

The Grave

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »

Like Bad.
I come in here looking to find good stuff about Mercy and I find this

BAD DROO