Author Topic: notify when post deleted  (Read 2408 times)

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
notify when post deleted
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »
hi there, i suspect i have had a post deleted but was thinking it would be good to be notified when it happens and why. might allow us to learn if we a consistently falling foul.

cheers

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: notify when post deleted
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:16:18 PM »
As admins, we are supposed to notify members when we delete posts for just that reason; to give them a chance to change their behavior. In general, I'd say 95% or more of posts that disappear here did so for either language or content that should not be on an all-ages board such as this one. It really shouldn't be a surprise when posts of that nature are not there later and to be honest, it's not hard to tell this type of post is being created when it happens.

We try to enforce the rules with some degree of latitude that includes trying to read into the intention of the offending post. If we did it by the letter of the law, a fair number of our more frequent posters would be in danger of no longer being allowed to post here. That said, I'll try to be more diligent about notifications for posts I delete and see how it affects things.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »
no worries, no problem at all with the way the rules are applied. was just making a suggestion but sounds like it happens already.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:29:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As admins, we are supposed to notify members when we delete posts for just that reason; to give them a chance to change their behavior. In general, I'd say 95% or more of posts that disappear here did so for either language or content that should not be on an all-ages board such as this one. It really shouldn't be a surprise when posts of that nature are not there later and to be honest, it's not hard to tell this type of post is being created when it happens.

We try to enforce the rules with some degree of latitude that includes trying to read into the intention of the offending post. If we did it by the letter of the law, a fair number of our more frequent posters would be in danger of no longer being allowed to post here. That said, I'll try to be more diligent about notifications for posts I delete and see how it affects things.

Likewise

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
I assume I recently had a post deleted, but received no notification.  I would be curious to know why it was deleted, as there was no infraction regarding language that I am aware of.

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I assume I recently had a post deleted, but received no notification.  I would be curious to know why it was deleted, as there was no infraction regarding language that I am aware of.

Johnny F and I have already worked this out, but in case you're keeping score at home...
Sometimes a post will get deleted because  posts prior to it were deleted. And in Johnny's case, his post didn't make any sense without the posts that were deleted. It happens.