Author Topic: Was my thread deleted?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
Was my thread deleted?
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:38:44 PM »
It was "the U22 preview thread" or something like that. It was on the music forum, but now it's gone. Was it deleted? If so, I don't see any reason why it should have been. There were sound files on it, but not full songs, and those sound files were legitimately posted on soundcloud by the U2 team (or at least I'm pretty sure, they were announced on the U2 Facebook page with over 3,000,000 fans, so I'm pretty sure it's official).

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
Re: Was my thread deleted?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »
If it was it's probably because it's technically sharing music downloads, which is against the rules on here.

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If it was it's probably because it's technically sharing music downloads, which is against the rules on here.

How was I sharing downloads? I changed my offering to share the U22 tracks, and the others are just streaming 45-second clips from some others.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »
It was file-sharing by our definition and so rather than carve up a bunch of posts to get rid of that aspect of the thread, it was deemed far easier to just delete the thread.

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:01:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was file-sharing by our definition and so rather than carve up a bunch of posts to get rid of that aspect of the thread, it was deemed far easier to just delete the thread.

I still get why, but whatever. What's done is done.