Author Topic: Live at Red Rocks  (Read 2698 times)

InThisHeartland

Live at Red Rocks
« on: February 14, 2009, 09:14:28 AM »
I just ordered the DVD from Best Buy, and I can't wait! I have never seen it before, but have heard its really good. Does it have the unedited Electric Co? Any general comments/thoughts?

shockdocta22

Re: Live at Red Rocks
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:52:08 AM »
best. concert. ever.

Offline Toulac

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:59:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just ordered the DVD from Best Buy, and I can't wait! I have never seen it before, but have heard its really good. Does it have the unedited Electric Co? Any general comments/thoughts?

Look out for "Two Hearts Beat As One" and "I Threw a Brick Through a Window" as good stand-out performances. I loved the DVD, and the remastering is excellent.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 10:14:32 AM »
And dont worry about all the lines (from the lights) on your screen. That's normal (watch the version with the commentary and it will explain what they are)
Absolutely brilliant concert. I would give up all 40 of the U2 concerts I have attended to be at this one. Period. THE defining moment in U2's history, and in my opinion, never bettered.

InThisHeartland

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »
lol, wow. it looks like it was $15 well spent!

joegtheog

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 10:26:08 AM »
This concert was the last time I saw Larry smile.  KIDDING

shockdocta22

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »
bonos best voice

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »
You are in for a real TREAT!! :D

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 11:18:40 AM »
AH! I've never seen the DVD, but I really. REALLY. want to go find it!  Maybe I'll buy myself a valentines day present  :D

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »
AH! I've never seen the DVD, but I really. REALLY. want to go find it!  Maybe I'll buy myself a valentines day present  :D

DO IT, DO IT!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 02:15:27 PM »
Its mega! Mind you Larry does look like he's suffering from wind all the way through.... ;D

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »

DO IT, DO IT!

U2Pride, yeah, take onetreehill's advice on this, it's a mesmerizing performance. I task you to watch it and not jump around your living room doing irish jigs like Bono does. Perfect production (for the time, remember, this was 1983!), fantastic atmosphere, tons of energy from the band, surreal setting (the weather helped), and as for show/set list, some of the quintessential performances of U2's best known songs are on this video. Stunning stuff. The only problem with it, it will remind you of what you missed. Im 39, and was obvioulsy to young to attend concerts like that at the time, and everytime I watch it I get HUGE pains of regret.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »

To answer your question, I think the "Send in the Clowns" portion of Electric Co is not there on the DVD. I think my memory is correct on that.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »

To answer your question, I think the "Send in the Clowns" portion of Electric Co is not there on the DVD. I think my memory is correct on that.

Correct Joe, its not there (sorry, should have answered that earlier).

Offline kale

• Refugee
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 02:57:46 PM »
I was bought this DVD for my birthday last week,it made another year getting older a little less grim. :-X
Awesome DVD, U2 at there mesmerising best!