Author Topic: Hello Goodbuy  (Read 3897 times)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
Hello Goodbuy
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:31:53 AM »
i hate, hate, hate when a song I like is in a commercial.  >:(   Bob Seger's 'Like A Rock".  Can't hear it now without thinking of trucks.  The Beatles' 'Hello Goodbye'- always a Target commercial in my head now (spelled Good-buy).  Any songs been ruined for you this way?

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
Re: Hello Goodbuy
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:43:24 AM »
I totally agree with you!  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any others but I know there are a lot out there that are ruined for me now.  Like the two you mentioned.  I am sooooo glad U2 does not have any of their songs in a commercial!!

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
Agreed. And I despise the fact that The Cars'  "Just What I Needed" is now being used to represent pizza. :P

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 02:51:10 PM »
It surely doesn't ruin the song for me, but every time I hear the most famous scream in Rock 'n' Roll history come right after some cheesy line by Horacio Cain, and then  ::)an idiodic tilt of his head while putting on his ridiculous sunglasses. ::)...I want to puke just a little bit. ::)

Alton Dalton

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It surely doesn't ruin the song for me, but every time I hear the most famous scream in Rock 'n' Roll history come right after some cheesy line by Horacio Cain, and then  ::)an idiodic tilt of his head while putting on his ridiculous sunglasses. ::)...I want to puke just a little bit. ::)

Is that famous scream preceeded by the most famous drum solo in rock history? I know man, I feel the twinge also.  :P

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 07:04:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i hate, hate, hate when a song I like is in a commercial.  >:(   Bob Seger's 'Like A Rock".  Can't hear it now without thinking of trucks.  The Beatles' 'Hello Goodbye'- always a Target commercial in my head now (spelled Good-buy).  Any songs been ruined for you this way?

I work for Target, so "Hello Goodbye" has really been killed for me.