Author Topic: Will POP get remastered and released on it 20th Anniversary  (Read 5249 times)

Offline johno11

• Refugee
Re: Will POP get remastered and released on it 20th Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »
I'm sure Pop will get the remaster treatment as they have done all their other albums so expect this one to be next on it's 20th Birthday ;-)

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 06:42:20 PM »
I don't think Pop gets remastered. They've treated it like their red headed step child for more then a decade and there's probably not a lot of $ to be made as it is one of their least popular albums commercially. They didn't remaster Rattle & Hum which is their 3rd highest selling album, so I don't see them remastering Pop.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »
I don't think it'll be reissued.  They got be a bit revisionist already with their Best of mixes (which I'm glad to read were disappointing to others as well).  While some of the re-issue dream sets you're all describing sound lovely, I don't think the band would like to turn the spotlight back to their work from that period so much.  P.S. I still love the original Pop.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 07:27:19 PM »
U2 will surely include a version of what they envisioned it to have really been if they had enough time to finish it and not booked a tour too soon.

Cheers,

J

Offline TheSceneoftheAccident

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I've been in every black hole
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
In saying that it's not a particularly renowned album, October also got the anniversary treatment. Just something to think about.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In saying that it's not a particularly renowned album, October also got the anniversary treatment. Just something to think about.

Didn't Boy, October, and War all get the remaster at the same time and came out as a package? That's different then a stand alone reissue

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »

Didn't Boy, October, and War all get the remaster at the same time and came out as a package? That's different then a stand alone reissue

nope. they were seperate OR available in a box set. I got the box.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
I'm sure Pop will get the remaster treatment as they have done all their other albums so expect this one to be next on it's 20th Birthday ;-)

R&H and Zooropa would like a word with you...........

yea sorry tackin Zooropa onto AB as a bonus dic doesnt count. at all.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 11:40:06 PM »
Yes they will, U2 has always said they would like to re-record Pop anyway.

I would LOVE to hear the outtake called "Scott Walker" a.k.a. the earliest demo of what would eventually become City Of Blinding Lights  :)

zootv

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 06:17:50 AM »

They haven't remastered everything. Achtung Baby and Zooropa were not remastered, just re-released. Rattle and Hum has been completely ignored up to this point.

zootv

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »
Yes they will, U2 has always said they would like to re-record Pop anyway.

I would LOVE to hear the outtake called "Scott Walker" a.k.a. the earliest demo of what would eventually become City Of Blinding Lights  :)

If they "finished" Pop then it has the potential to be the best (or most interesting) of all the anniversary editions 

Sugarcube

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 06:23:35 AM »

They haven't remastered everything. Achtung Baby and Zooropa were not remastered, just re-released. Rattle and Hum has been completely ignored up to this point.

Isn't AB remastered? I thought it was although decided NOT to buy it for the 3rd time as a reissue.

POP is finished - it was finished when they originally released it

zootv

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 06:29:48 AM »
Quote from: johno11 link=topic=19328.msg1221042#msg1221042 dajte=1332203910

Isn't AB remastered? I thought it was although decided NOT to buy it for the 3rd time as a reissue.

AB is not remastered although it's been rumored to of been tweaked a bit. There is no official release claiming it to be remastered. As far as Pop being "finished" , the band has often stated that they felt the record was incomplete hence the quotations on the word "finished". It's also been mentioned on this forum numerous times

Sugarcube

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 06:38:02 AM »
Quote from: johno11 link=topic=19328.msg1221042#msg1221042 dajte=1332203910

AB is not remastered although it's been rumored to of been tweaked a bit. There is no official release claiming it to be remastered. As far as Pop being "finished" , the band has often stated that they felt the record was incomplete hence the quotations on the word "finished". It's also been mentioned on this forum numerous times

Oh - what's the point of re buying AB then?

What I mean is it's nearly 20 years after the fact. It seems a bit sad to be going back over that old ground and re doing the songs. That was then, this is now. Surely the band should be looking forward to new and exciting musical adventures

Offline TheSceneoftheAccident

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I've been in every black hole
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 07:16:27 AM »
Oh - what's the point of re buying AB then?

Because it's Achtung Baby