Author Topic: Are Sad Times Ahead  (Read 3890 times)

shockdocta22

Are Sad Times Ahead
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:48:21 AM »
In less than a month, the album we've been waiting for 5 years for will finally come out, then we have a tour.  Once that ends, will u miss all the hype, a U2 drought is ahead

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
Re: Are Sad Times Ahead
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In less than a month, the album we've been waiting for 5 years for will finally come out, then we have a tour.  Once that ends, will u miss all the hype, a U2 drought is ahead

There's a LOT of good music other than U2 out there..........

achtungchild

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:08:50 AM »

There's none which speak to the soul. U2 is the only band where I can pick out a horrible song and enjoy it as though it is One.

Offline a Name for a Girl

• Precious Stone
  • mild and green and squeaky-clean
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »

But the fun has just started!  Besides, if we never got a break from all the U2 excitement, we'd never get anything done.  'Course, maybe I should just speak for myself . . . and my poor dissertation.  But anyway, "To everything there is a season," right?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 11:13:42 AM »

But the fun has just started!  Besides, if we never got a break from all the U2 excitement, we'd never get anything done.  'Course, maybe I should just speak for myself . . . and my poor dissertation.  But anyway, "To everything there is a season," right?

So right, a Name for a Girl!  I always want to call you Grace when I see your posts!! ;D

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »

So right, a Name for a Girl!  I always want to call you Grace when I see your posts!! ;D

that's a great idea SG!!

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 11:18:02 AM »

There's none which speak to the soul. U2 is the only band where I can pick out a horrible song and enjoy it as though it is One.

I don't believe the existence of a 'soul' in the religious sense, but there's still lots of music which excites me, a lot more than the atyclb/htdaab era did anyway (which thankfully now appears to be closed with the addiiton of nloth)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 11:21:01 AM »

I agree, and anyways it's not like after the ablum and after the tour they dissapear of the face of the earth. They're still there, as is their music.

achtungchild

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »

I don't believe the existence of a 'soul' in the religious sense, but there's still lots of music which excites me, a lot more than the atyclb/htdaab era did anyway (which thankfully now appears to be closed with the addiiton of nloth)

Well I believe in the "soul", so you don't have to redirect my opinion and make it suit you. Leave out the religious bashing, I mean just look at your avatar, it's as though you want to provoke an argument.Disregarding that little tangent,  I acquire all my music from U2, they're every genre imaginable.  ;D

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 11:42:41 AM »
JR's right..check out The Boxer Rebellion.."evacuate" if you want similar emotion is song as u2.  The best thing out there right now....imo.

achtungchild

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 11:54:31 AM »
JR's right..check out The Boxer Rebellion.."evacuate" if you want similar emotion is song as u2.  The best thing out there right now....imo.

I don't know... you could have the same exact instrumentals, but if it's not Bono's voice, nothing really triggers an emotional impact within my brain. That's what keeps me coming back, his voice.

Offline adam1

• Refugee
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »
U2 will be in our faces for the rest of 2009. The album, singles from the album, a big long tour, magazines etc. There may be a best of 2000-2010 album released in a year or so. That may include some new materical.

In 2011 when things have died down there will hopefully be new stuff from Muse, the Arctics, Coldplay & Radiohead about.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »
I don't think there will be a drought. The new album and tour will keep me busy for a long time, not to mention their entire catalogue is always in rotation for me. I don't see myself losing interest anytime soon. ;D

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 12:29:26 PM »

Well I believe in the "soul", so you don't have to redirect my opinion and make it suit you. Leave out the religious bashing, I mean just look at your avatar, it's as though you want to provoke an argument.Disregarding that little tangent,  I acquire all my music from U2, they're every genre imaginable.  ;D

I didn't bash, I just said I didn't believe in it,

I guess if you ONLY listen to U2 you're going to be SOL for new music in the not too distant future.....

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »
U2 will be in our faces for the rest of 2009. The album, singles from the album, a big long tour, magazines etc. There may be a best of 2000-2010 album released in a year or so. That may include some new materical.

In 2011 when things have died down there will hopefully be new stuff from Muse, the Arctics, Coldplay & Radiohead about.

but Bono doesn't sing for those bands......

::) ::) ::)