Author Topic: Are Sad Times Ahead  (Read 3893 times)

achtungchild

Re: Are Sad Times Ahead
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In less than a month, the album we've been waiting for 5 years for will finally come out, then we have a tour.  Once that ends, will u miss all the hype, a U2 drought is ahead

There's a LOT of good music other than U2 out there..........

There's none which speak to the soul. U2 is the only band where I can pick out a horrible song and enjoy it as though it is One.

I don't believe the existence of a 'soul' in the religious sense, but there's still lots of music which excites me, a lot more than the atyclb/htdaab era did anyway (which thankfully now appears to be closed with the addiiton of nloth)

Well I believe in the "soul", so you don't have to redirect my opinion and make it suit you. Leave out the religious bashing, I mean just look at your avatar, it's as though you want to provoke an argument.Disregarding that little tangent,  I acquire all my music from U2, they're every genre imaginable.  ;D

I didn't bash, I just said I didn't believe in it,

I guess if you ONLY listen to U2 you're going to be SOL for new music in the not too distant future.....

What does SOL mean? Okay, I must admit, the majority of the music I listen to is U2... but I also listen to Radiohead, Coldplay, The Killers, The Beatles on a daily basic too.  ;) Oh yeah, I'd like to apologize for my past statements, they were completely inappropriate now that I look back. I spend A LOT of time on debate forums, so I'm prone to that type of stuff.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:48:22 PM by achtungchild »

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »

Ah enjoy the moment! Enjoy the new release and the tour when they arrive.

It's a bit like not being able to enjoy Christmas cos there's so many days until the next one.

To paraphrase a very wise man: forget about the future, we're gonna celebrate the present :)

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
I'm looking forward to having some sort of normality; not checking this website every couple of hours for extra tidbits of information. There's plenty of good music out there, the likes of Arcade Fire or Modest Mouse will release something soon after. Plus it won't be long until the hype builds for the next album.

shockdocta22

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 01:38:30 PM »
I'm looking forward to having some sort of normality; not checking this website every couple of hours for extra tidbits of information.

(quote)

good point.  its gonna feel so wierd, once its out, like its finally here
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:21:12 PM by shockdocta22 »

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »
In less than a month, the album we've been waiting for 5 years for will finally come out, then we have a tour.  Once that ends, will u miss all the hype, a U2 drought is ahead

There's a LOT of good music other than U2 out there..........

There's none which speak to the soul. U2 is the only band where I can pick out a horrible song and enjoy it as though it is One.

I don't believe the existence of a 'soul' in the religious sense, but there's still lots of music which excites me, a lot more than the atyclb/htdaab era did anyway (which thankfully now appears to be closed with the addiiton of nloth)

Well I believe in the "soul", so you don't have to redirect my opinion and make it suit you. Leave out the religious bashing, I mean just look at your avatar, it's as though you want to provoke an argument.Disregarding that little tangent,  I acquire all my music from U2, they're every genre imaginable.  ;D

I didn't bash, I just said I didn't believe in it,

I guess if you ONLY listen to U2 you're going to be SOL for new music in the not too distant future.....

What does SOL mean? Okay, I must admit, the majority of the music I listen to is U2... but I also listen to Radiohead, Coldplay, The Killers, The Beatles on a daily basic too.  ;) Oh yeah, I'd like to apologize for my past statements, they were completely inappropriate now that I look back. I spend A LOT of time on debate forums, so I'm prone to that type of stuff.

SOL = Shi t Out of Luck

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 03:46:20 PM »
I want less hype and more music.

Don't believe, Don't believe The Hype....

The Hype was finished when Dik left the band.

U2 reigns.

shockdocta22

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »
imagine what would have happened if Dik didnt leave theband

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »
I don't think there will be a drought. The new album and tour will keep me busy for a long time, not to mention their entire catalogue is always in rotation for me. I don't see myself losing interest anytime soon. ;D

Amen to that!  At least there'll be one more to add to the catalogue!

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »
i don't think there'll be drought after the tour. Larry wants another album out soon. ;)

shockdocta22

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 06:57:38 PM »
And Larry is the one that said he wants to spend time with his family

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »
nice match! ;D

shockdocta22

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 07:29:45 PM »
weird how he is changing his mind

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »
Well, I think the new album and tour will keep us entertained for a good amount of time. But yes, eventually there will be a quiet season...but it'll make the next album that much sweeter!

shockdocta22

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 07:34:59 PM »
i just hope they announce they are making another and they are in the proccess as soon as that happens

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »
i just hope they announce they are making another and they are in the proccess as soon as that happens

It's likely - they have a lot of songs left over that didn't make it on to No Line!