Author Topic: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .  (Read 33701 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »
As usual we Bonogirls/Bonophiles have to do something to usher in our man's special day. For the past couple of years we have had a major countdown with The Plan, but well, we have all been busy and trying to organize so we have devised a Mini-Plan.

Once a day here were will have a theme and culminate in a Viewing Party (stay tuned for details). If you want to host a day or if there is a theme near and dear to your heart, send me a PM. We only have 10 days to play around with so, first come, first serve. :)

Offline Belisama

Re: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
The first theme comes from the ocean-- one of the few of us who actually got to see the boys live in the early days. Her theme is Boy Era Bono. . . excellent choice to get this ball rolling. . . feel free to post your fav Boy Bono pics.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Grave

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
 :D

Offline Belisama

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »
Some early videos

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And yes, he is skipping. . .

Life on a Distant Planet

Stories for Boys

Offline Belisama

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:24 PM »

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
Boy Bono is so cute. ;D
Some early videos

And yes, he is skipping. . .

Life on a Distant Planet

Stories for Boys

Such exuberance. :D That's what I like best about Bono in the early years... the performing energy! Which got a little toned down but never fully went away when he was older.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 10:27:14 PM »

10 more days

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 03:18:45 AM »
This is one of my faves!

And I think it looks so much like Eli looks now.  :)

An early interview:   

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 04:27:54 AM »
Here is the lovely store:

And a young one...

But I was looking for the lovely pink pants from A Celebration!  ;D
Anyone have that one?

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:08 AM »
looking at all the adorable baby bonos reminds me of a passage from 'bono, in conversation' *shameless plug for book club vote* :D
anyhoo - he's talking about a corbijn exhibition in holland he helped with (opened the event, i think) and he mentions seeing a huge pic of himself getting into a helicopter (for the NYD video).  he looked into his own eyes in the photo, and noticed how clear and fearless they looked.  a journalist walks up and asks bono 'what would you say to that person [in the photo] now?' 
bono's response: "i would tell my younger self:  'you're right.  don't second-guess yourself' " he goes on to say that he wished he'd known then how right he really was...

this is one of the coolest things about baby bono, to me... the assuredness... the refusal to believe anything is impossible... and especially the fact that the strong personality that we've come to know & love was always there in him... not many teens/early 20-year olds can pull off that kind of confidence (OR put such big ideas into motion, logistically)

oh, and there's the cute grin, too ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:04:01 AM by jabw10 »

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
looking at all the adorable baby bonos reminds me of a passage from 'bono, in conversation' *shameless plug for book club vote* :D
anyhoo - he's talking about a corbijn exhibition in holland he helped with (opened the event, i think) and he mentions seeing a huge pic of himself getting into a helicopter (for the NYD video).  he looked into his own eyes in the photo, and noticed how clear and fearless they looked.  a journalist walks up and asks bono 'what would you say to that person [in the photo] now?' 
bono's response: "i would tell my younger self:  'you're right.  don't second-guess yourself' " he goes on to say that he wished he'd known then how right he really was...

this is one of the coolest things about baby bono, to me... the assuredness... the refusal to believe anything is impossible... and especially the fact that the strong personality that we've come to know & love was always there in him... not many teens/early 20-year olds can pull off that kind of confidence (OR put such big ideas into motion, logistically)

oh, and there's the cute grin, too ;)

I already voted for Bono In Conversation! :)

I've never seen this pic before, but I love it!!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »
Lovely tribute, plug (for Bono in Conversation) and lovely pic, Jab! Thanks!
(in fact adorable pic)

And yes, amazing drive, assuredness, focus and ability to pull it all off (in community of course-- or would that be "love and community").  ;D

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »

Offline Belisama

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
I love that picture!^

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »
Great thread, thanks for kicking off the celebration Bels...and thanks for taking my suggestion with the Boy Tour....my favorite still...anyways...found this bit of trivia..I went to the first three shows with my sister, but we didnt keep our tickets! We knew right off these guys were going to be big.
The energy was crazy even in this dirty old dreary building on prob like a Tuesday night..Did I mention before that they were so unknown on the first Albany gig that my sister and I sat on the little school sized stage with beers and cigarettes in hand on Edges side??? The place was dead, we had them all to ourselves without realizing who they would come to be..Funny I see in this copy I am showing you guys, that they ended with The Ocean....didnt remember that.. :D

J.B. Scott's - Albany, New York, USA

We found 3 listings for J.B. Scott's, Albany. Select a show for details. Below the concert list is a list of all songs and snippets played at this location. Click on the song title to view the song's page, containing details of every known performance. Click on the number in brackets beside the song's title to view the dates on which it was performed at this location.

Boy Tour
· 1981-03-05 - Albany, New York, USA - J.B. Scott's
· 1981-05-23 - Albany, New York, USA - J.B. Scott's

October Tour
· 1981-11-13 - Albany, New York, USA - J.B. Scott's (17 songs)

We found 17 different songs played during these shows.

· 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (1 time)
· An Cat Dubh (1 time)
· Another Time, Another Place (1 time)
· Fire (1 time)
· Gloria (1 time)
· I Fall Down (1 time)
· I Threw A Brick Through A Window (1 time)
· I Will Follow (1 time)
· Into The Heart (1 time)
· October (1 time)
· Out Of Control (1 time)
· Rejoice (1 time)
· Stories For Boys (1 time)
· The Cry (1 time)
· The Electric Co. (1 time)
· The Ocean (1 time)
· Twilight (1 time)

We found 1 different snippets played during these shows.

· Send In The Clowns (1 time)

Songs from 4 U2 albums have been played during these shows. Snippets are not counted.

· Boy (9 songs)
· October (6 songs)
· Non-album songs (1 song)
· Unreleased Songs (1 song)

Opening songs

· Gloria (1)

Closing songs

· The Ocean (1)