Author Topic: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .  (Read 33975 times)

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
Re: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
Can I jump in for a sec,just for the sake of the BEdge.witch is sooo my favorite subject.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Happy coming Birthday to Bono.Hope he and his friends will have a nice party. :-*
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:11:24 AM by yellowhat »

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can I jump in for a sec,just for the sake of the BEdge.witch is sooo my favorite subject.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I swear this is how my fiance looks at me... So... um... Use your imagination here. :)

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2012, 11:12:44 AM »

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:17:25 AM by yellowhat »

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2012, 12:12:22 PM »

Awes! They loves each other. :)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »

Awes! They loves each other. :)

Nice pic!!!! ;) ;)

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »
^^So not fair... I can't see the pic.  :(
But lovin' the other BEdge pics!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
There are so many to choose from that it is very hard to pick.  But one that has touched me lately was Bono's version of One for the Anton Corbijn benefit this last Fall.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And Bono adds a snippet that I now love from Leonard Cohen's Anthem: "there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in".

This is probably a top 3 version of One in my mind, I absolutely adore it!  Great post!

As for snippets, some of my favorites are:
Blackbird in Beautiful Day
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band in Beautiful Day
Hear Us Coming in One (even though that technically isn't a snippet)
Young Americans in Mysterious Ways
Stand By Me in Still Haven't Found
I Know It's Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It) in Vertigo
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow in Streets
Hallelujah and Rain regardless of what song it's in
Love Will Tear Us Apart in With Or Without You
Hey-- glad to see you OAP!
Mmm, that version of One is def. in my top 3.  I lived on that song for months after the Corbijn benefit.  (till everyone was sick of listening to it with me.  :D)

What is the technical def. of a snippet? (I've always wondered....  And the follow-up: what makes the "hear me coming" not technically a snippet? )
Like your list there!  :)

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
More 360 BEdge!

And one from Nash:

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:53:15 PM by jenniferh aka jen »

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
360 Dancing BEdge:

« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2012, 09:51:27 PM »

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2012, 09:54:55 PM »

Proper way to drink tea.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »
We are hitting the final stretch. . . so today is BLarry Day-- come on,  you knew it was coming.
Of course Larry is the man who started it all. My favorite fun fact about Bono and Larry is that in the olden days they used to room together on the road. Make of that what you will.

Enjoy the BLarry Goodness.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:04 AM »

LOVE & PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR ELSE! 8)

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2012, 05:11:30 AM »
Stolen from the Barry thread.