Author Topic: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .  (Read 33782 times)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
Bono a mentor faris? Indeed!!!!
He mentored me many a time in need, he doesnt even know me!
A comfort in the darkness.  I think, thats Bono's spiritual side....

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
Absolutely stunning! time for a cold shower . . . .

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »
You cannot talk about Bono without talking about his friendship with the band. They have all seen each other through tough times and happy times. Today the focus is BAdam. . . just as every friendship has its unique aspects the one between Bono and Adam is special. Adam has always struck me as a little outside the group-- he has a different view of religion and spirituality, he (until recently) was the one who was single and not a parent. Yet the relationship between the two of them has always been strong. Bono chose Adam to be his best man when he got married, a fact that always amazes me.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2012, 04:00:43 AM »
Sorry to jump back to yesterday for just a minute but in the process of hunting up some of my fav. BAdam pics I ran across this and had to share.  Every little bit helps and so many have lambasted Bono for his let's say unusual ideas sometimes... but I am really glad he has them.  (RED) is one of those unusual ideas, I would say, but look what (love) it has done!  :)

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2012, 04:40:30 AM »
I love how Bono and Adam are friends and relate-- both onstage:

And off- stage:

Love these guys! Love how they keep things light, laugh and love together and don't take themselves too seriously while still balancing so many things....

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2012, 06:11:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the Every Mother Counts will be at Starbucks the month of May, but I only saw four at my Starbucks, so unless they had more in the back, they might sell out earlier.  I think you can order it on their website, too.

Bono truly walks the walk as well as talking the talk.  I will post more later.

The CD is currently not available on the Starbucks site so everyone do some walking. If I see any extras at by Buxs I will pick them up for those who miss them.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2012, 06:54:33 AM »
Oh, god. BAdam is the best way to start a work day.... Bono and Adam are my favorite two guys!! Oh, I feel so lusty now.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »
With all these pics of our gorgeous man and the moving words posted about who he really is and how he moves us, I'm not sure if it's Bono's birthday or mine.

Love you ladies!!  :-*

And, MarsGirl - I was never in to Adam until he became the silver fox. My how some men age so well...a fine wine indeed! Maybe I should start drinking!  ;)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »
I've been into Adam since The Joshua Tree. I love guys with glasses. *drools* (And I'm going to marry a guy with glasses, go figure!)

Now he wears contacts or he got lasik or something... BOO! :'(

But, okay, he IS the Silver Fox, and I'm all right with that too. :)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been into Adam since The Joshua Tree. I love guys with glasses. *drools* (And I'm going to marry a guy with glasses, go figure!)

Now he wears contacts or he got lasik or something... BOO! :'(

But, okay, he IS the Silver Fox, and I'm all right with that too. :)

Hee hee! :)

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »
Here are a couple more.  8)

and a little Adam worship??  ;D

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »
LOVE how close they all are!  and i agree, beli, that adam seemed at times to be the 'outsider' in the group... but bono & the others refused to let walls be built within the U2 brotherhood.  sorta shows their character, ya know? 

and yes, the best man thing has always amazed me, too!  bono is really good at making maximum impact on people.  i can picture the thought process as he mulled over this decision (no shortage of brother-close friends he could've chosen from, right?)  but he chose adam...  maybe because he was the one who would be the most moved by being chosen... maybe because they all wanted to make it clear that he was NOT an outsider... maybe adam was the obvious choice to the band and their inner circle, but it seems an amazing choice to fans because adam plays it so cool... sort of aloof... so to an 'outsider,' it would look like he was the 'odd man out' within the band... (besides the whole 'bass players get no respect' angle ;)  )

no matter the truth behind appearances, BAdam reminds me of what true friendship is about... and that when you love someone like a brother, you never leave him behind... never... no matter what...

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
some (sadly, distant) shots from east lansing...

and a few adam shots from pgh ;)

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »
My best shot from Philly fits today's theme:

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
jab and Georgia - those are great shots and you all were much closer than I!! Jealous!!  ;)