Author Topic: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .  (Read 33953 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
Re: Bono's Birthday Countdown. . .
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the Every Mother Counts will be at Starbucks the month of May, but I only saw four at my Starbucks, so unless they had more in the back, they might sell out earlier.  I think you can order it on their website, too.

Bono truly walks the walk as well as talking the talk.  I will post more later.

The CD is currently not available on the Starbucks site so everyone do some walking. If I see any extras at by Buxs I will pick them up for those who miss them.

Our mega Starbucks has the CDs. If anyone needs one, let me know. I just picked it up and succumbed to the 1/2 price Frapps from 3-5pm daily until May 13th. The Mocha Cookie Crumb sugar free, light base was actually very tasty and I rarely spend the $ for Starbucks.  :)

Let me know if your Every Mother Counts CD has problems with Coldplay's Yellow during the last 50 seconds. Mine is distorted on the CD and also on the Ipod download.  :(

I emailed Starbucks and asked if they'd do a patch or offer an online download to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:08:15 PM by mdmomof7 »

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »
I love the BAdam pics. :) Ah, the 360 Tour...

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »
LOVE how close they all are!  and i agree, beli, that adam seemed at times to be the 'outsider' in the group... but bono & the others refused to let walls be built within the U2 brotherhood.  sorta shows their character, ya know? 

and yes, the best man thing has always amazed me, too!  bono is really good at making maximum impact on people.  i can picture the thought process as he mulled over this decision (no shortage of brother-close friends he could've chosen from, right?)  but he chose adam...  maybe because he was the one who would be the most moved by being chosen... maybe because they all wanted to make it clear that he was NOT an outsider... maybe adam was the obvious choice to the band and their inner circle, but it seems an amazing choice to fans because adam plays it so cool... sort of aloof... so to an 'outsider,' it would look like he was the 'odd man out' within the band... (besides the whole 'bass players get no respect' angle ;)  )

no matter the truth behind appearances, BAdam reminds me of what true friendship is about... and that when you love someone like a brother, you never leave him behind... never... no matter what...

jab I never thought of Bono having chosen Adam because Adam would have taken the gig so seriously. That is a fantastic insight. I always thought it was because of a talk he and Adam had where Adam helped Bono see how important the relationship with Ali was. I always found it heartbreaking that Adam has yet to settle down with The One.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
I've been into Adam since The Joshua Tree. I love guys with glasses. *drools* (And I'm going to marry a guy with glasses, go figure!)

Now he wears contacts or he got lasik or something... BOO! :'(

But, okay, he IS the Silver Fox, and I'm all right with that too. :)

Hee hee! :)

Lasik, but he still wears reading glasses! He defines Silver Fox!

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2012, 03:13:24 AM »
LOVE how close they all are!  and i agree, beli, that adam seemed at times to be the 'outsider' in the group... but bono & the others refused to let walls be built within the U2 brotherhood.  sorta shows their character, ya know? 

and yes, the best man thing has always amazed me, too!  bono is really good at making maximum impact on people.  i can picture the thought process as he mulled over this decision (no shortage of brother-close friends he could've chosen from, right?)  but he chose adam...  maybe because he was the one who would be the most moved by being chosen... maybe because they all wanted to make it clear that he was NOT an outsider... maybe adam was the obvious choice to the band and their inner circle, but it seems an amazing choice to fans because adam plays it so cool... sort of aloof... so to an 'outsider,' it would look like he was the 'odd man out' within the band... (besides the whole 'bass players get no respect' angle ;)  )

no matter the truth behind appearances, BAdam reminds me of what true friendship is about... and that when you love someone like a brother, you never leave him behind... never... no matter what...

Lovely thoughts there, Jab., esp. love the last part about true friendship.
And it is sad B. that Adam has never settled down with "the one".
Maybe there is still time.... :)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2012, 04:36:49 AM »
Good morning, everyone! I'm hosting today.

"Live is where we live." I can't remember which member of U2 said this, but really any of them could. Despite their power in the studio, it's on the stage where the band really shines. And of course, concerts wouldn't be half as entertaining without Bono to guide them. It's obvious from any live clip that he really loves being onstage, performing. He is so often "lost in the sound." ;)

So, I dedicate today to Live Bono, or whatever you want to call it. Post your favorite Bono live moments, in picture or video form. (It doesn't have to be with U2.) I can't join in at the moment but I'd like to see what you come up with!

As a sidenote, do you have a favorite live snippet? There are so many in U2 concerts- it seems Bono loves singing other people's songs. :D I personally like Love Will Tear Us Apart at the end of With or Without You, and Never Tear Us Apart at the end of whatever song it happens to be at (it's one of my favorite songs. The PopMart performance of All I Want Is You had a very good version of the snippet there).

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »
Let me see what i can find EC, sounds like a great one today! ;)

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2012, 06:46:57 AM »
You are right EC, they are so incredible live. And they have said it well that live is where they live.
I love listening to what they do (differently) in their live songs and so often wish to hear them sing a song live just to see how it would be.

There are so many to choose from that it is very hard to pick.  But one that has touched me lately was Bono's version of One for the Anton Corbijn benefit this last Fall.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And Bono adds a snippet that I now love from Leonard Cohen's Anthem: "there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in".

I will have to think more and post more later.  A very hard decision though....

Spannisheyes

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2012, 07:48:36 AM »

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2012, 09:04:44 AM »
i can't tell you how many times I've watched this! I first saw this in the theatre in 1988 and was in extreme awe! Most amazing version of this song, the way Bono's piercing eyes just melt you! whoa "We shine like stars"!!, and Edge's guitar gives me goosebumps.

Spannisheyes

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
That is one of my favorite moments from rattle and hum. First time i saw it i realised how amazing Bono is. Love the way he sings there, Its like he puts all his feelings into the music, and not many singers are able to do that.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2012, 03:21:16 PM »
i can't tell you how many times I've watched this! I first saw this in the theatre in 1988 and was in extreme awe! Most amazing version of this song, the way Bono's piercing eyes just melt you! whoa "We shine like stars"!!, and Edge's guitar gives me goosebumps.
That is one of my favorite moments from rattle and hum. First time i saw it i realised how amazing Bono is. Love the way he sings there, Its like he puts all his feelings into the music, and not many singers are able to do that.
True. Oh so true. So very beautiful. I love this performance.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
I also looove the WoWY performance on RnH... absolutely love the "shine like stars in the summer night" snippet.

But maybe if I had to pick one, my all time fav. live song and snippet is from PopMart tour, Mexico City.
When the band plays One and dedicates it to Michael Hutchence, it is so moving.  And the snippet at the end-- "hear me comin' Lord... hear me knockin', scratchin' at your door..." moves me very time.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2012, 08:30:48 PM »
This is like picking your favorite child. . .