Author Topic: New U2?  (Read 14201 times)

Offline Passenger

• Wanderer
Re: New U2?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 05:47:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I created a video in case the audio clips are taken down

Offline Babyface1411

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 05:53:22 AM »
Anaheim 17/6/2011, the clips come from here

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:57:38 AM by Babyface1411 »

satellitedog01

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06:56 AM »
??? where? The valencia tracks are not on the 39 minute youtube rehearsal you linked, or have I listened wrong?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:11:05 AM by satellitedog01 »

Offline Babyface1411

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »
In fact...I'm hearing the youtube video now and I cant find the unknown songs...Sorry but I read that on Interference (see link I posted before)

?

satellitedog01

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 07:09:43 AM »
Yeah, no problem, there's still one unknown snippet/idea in the Youtube video. The first one listed as unknown is just an extended intro to Magnificent, the second one sounds unknown, but very much just jamming, not a song.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »

I created a video in case the audio clips are taken down

thanks!   :)

...also, listening to them back-to-back like that makes me think that they're different sections of the same song.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »
not much to go on, both sound sort of promising. i like the sound of the anaheim pre-concert warm up unknown song part. it sounds very iggy-poppish and a good starting point for something good.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
not much to go on, both sound sort of promising. i like the sound of the anaheim pre-concert warm up unknown song part. it sounds very iggy-poppish and a good starting point for a great song.

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »
Sounds awesome. Bono on fine form, the others need to catch up to him if these demos are anything to go by  ;)

Offline ryanm

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 12:21:58 PM »
Both sound like early demos; ideas their putting together and trying to make sense of.  They certainly don't sound like anything special, but I say the same things about the early demos for Achtung Baby.  I'll wait for some more concrete/finished clips to leak before I pass any sort of judgement.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
I mentioned before that the second of those clips had a vibe similar to Levitate.

My one huge worry is the way Bono is singing. He is really out of range, even though he does sound strong. There is no way he can keep that power on a song over a tour. Hopefully he realizes this eventually.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »
Well, he did pull off Moment of surrender every night! And ultraviolet, for that matter... if someone had told me during the vertigo tour that Bono would be capable of singing like that every night on 360, i wouldn't have believed them!

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 12:43:20 PM »
Well, he did pull off Moment of surrender every night! And ultraviolet, for that matter... if someone had told me during the vertigo tour that Bono would be capable of singing like that every night on 360, i wouldn't have believed them!

You do have a point.

But remember that he got plenty of breaks in between, especially with the back injury.

If they were serious about pursuing arenas next time around, will the perhaps busier schedule effect his voice?

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
Hmm, that could be an issue - perhaps they'll have fewer shows, or try to make them as spaced out as the stadium shows were?
Still, i'd rather they released a song that was difficult to sing, that couldn't be played every night, than compromise on their albums in order to make them easier to play.

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 03:45:40 PM »
Hmm, that could be an issue - perhaps they'll have fewer shows, or try to make them as spaced out as the stadium shows were?
Still, i'd rather they released a song that was difficult to sing, that couldn't be played every night, than compromise on their albums in order to make them easier to play.

True, I feel like the album would be the one I'd hear more often, and I don't think they'll run out of songs to play live any tims soon...