Author Topic: Misheard Lyrics  (Read 52316 times)

Offline Pride

• Numb
  • North Dakota is best Dakota
Re: Misheard Lyrics
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »
And I probably have said this enough, but does anyone think tracks 5 and 6 on TUF are mixed up? On Promenade: "I like a firework, explode. Roman candle lightning, love!", "Slide show, seaside town, Coca-Cola, fottball radio, radio, radio....". And then they name the next song "4th of July". Suuurrrrrreeeee.

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2014, 08:37:33 PM »
When Bono is rambling at the end of Another Time Another Place I hear "like a cheesecake gourmet"

meximofo

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And I probably have said this enough, but does anyone think tracks 5 and 6 on TUF are mixed up? On Promenade: "I like a firework, explode. Roman candle lightning, love!", "Slide show, seaside town, Coca-Cola, fottball radio, radio, radio....". And then they name the next song "4th of July". Suuurrrrrreeeee.
In 1984 Bono didn't know a thing about American culture or traditions. Ironically, two years after that, he could only write about America.

Offline Pride

• Numb
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2014, 11:03:01 AM »
When Bono is rambling at the end of Another Time Another Place I hear "like a cheesecake gourmet"
Oh, I hear "Yo, uh-oh" alot, and then "Lego cheesecake no!"

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »
In 1984 Bono didn't know a thing about American culture or traditions. Ironically, two years after that, he could only write about America.
I love the theory, but 4th of July was named after Edge's daughter's birthday... and if it was a mistake it would have most likely been corrected in later copies of the album (like how the running time of One Tree Hill and Exit was later corrected).

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:51 PM »
Oh, I hear "Yo, uh-oh" alot, and then "Lego cheesecake no!"

OMG what I wouldn't give for the next album to be called Lego Cheesecake No.

#LCN2014

Offline Pride

• Numb
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2014, 08:07:38 PM »
In H269 when he says "Like a sheet stained!" sounds like "Like a s***-stain!". I was listening to this while reading the lyrics, where it says "Like a blind man's cane!". "He said what?!" I exclaimed (yes, I know Silver and Gold, Cedars of Lebanon. It surprised me.  :P)

Offline Pouakai

• Stateless
  • I went walking, down that old eight-lane
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2014, 07:28:56 PM »
In The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) I could have sworn the line "I was young / not dumb" was "I was young / knocked up" until I looked at the lyrics, and even a bit after then. Was getting confused about Bono...

meximofo

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »
In God Part II when B. sings "don't believe in forced entry", I hear "don't believe in 4th century". Bono doesn't believe in medieval times!

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2014, 08:09:18 PM »
In The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) I could have sworn the line "I was young / not dumb" was "I was young / knocked up" until I looked at the lyrics, and even a bit after then. Was getting confused about Bono...
I thought that too! And the. I thought it was "knocked down."

Offline Pride

• Numb
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »
Ha, so did I

Offline PROJ2823

• Refugee
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »
Sold you, Sold You
We signed our lives away

instead of

"Soldier, soldier
We signed our lives away"

Offline jack@forte

• Stateless
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2014, 01:54:14 PM »
In Volcano the lyrics "something in you wants to blow" I hear as "something in your mouth to blow" and thought that's a bit rude for them.Unfortunately I now can't get that line out of my head.  :)

Offline Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »
In the chorus of Volcano, instead of vol-can-no, I thought he was singing f***-ing-know.

Aragorn

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2014, 08:55:43 AM »
In Volcano the lyrics "something in you wants to blow" I hear as "something in your mouth to blow" and thought that's a bit rude for them.Unfortunately I now can't get that line out of my head.  :)
my girlfriend said the same thing. That's all I can hear now. It doesn't sound anything like "you wants"