Author Topic: Alternate U2 Albums?  (Read 483 times)

Offline TheLarryMullenBand

• Numb
  • Let's go to places no one else has been
Alternate U2 Albums?
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:06:26 AM »
So I've always wondered and even written down my own vision of what some U2 albums should have been. For example, I think Stay (Faraway, So Close!) could have replaced Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World somewhere before or after "One". Or Trip Through Your Wires could have swapped places with Heartland. Stuff like that. So what do you guys think? Are there songs / albums that you would have wanted to be changed slightly (or dramatically)?

I'll start. In my own opinion, this is how I would have wanted The Unforgettable Fire to look like:

1. A Sort of Homecoming
2. Pride (In the Name of Love)
3. Wire
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. 4th of July
6. Bad
7. Promenade
8. Disappearing Act
9. Indian Summer sky
10. Yoshino Blossom
11. Love Comes Tumbling
12. MLK

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Alternate U2 Albums?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »
I was recently just thinking of this as I was listening to disc 2 of the UF set the past two days--particularly the inclusion of Love Comes Tumbling, which is maybe the most underrated b-side in their catalog, and Yoshino Blossom.  In all honesty, I have a hard time messing with official albums--it seems kind of sacreligious to do so.  However, I was considering alterations to those "2nd discs" of each remaster set.  More just omitting tracks that aren't needed.  For example, while I understand the inclusion of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock on the UF set, it disrupts the flow of material that's otherwise from the era.  Two Wire remixes are a bit redundant, too.  And as much as people love Disappearing Act, it still doesn't quite fit with 2009 U2 on a 1984 U2 disc.

Of course, the 2nd War disc would be pretty short without redundant remixes.

Still, the UF one is pretty interesting--I might try something out like that.