Author Topic: Membership Renewala  (Read 6145 times)

mariamontreal

Membership Renewala
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »
I just recieved  notice of my renewal membership for November , and this is unreal , they are giving us another Slane Castle double cd with another t- shirt same as last year . Does anyone else's membership expire in November ?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:13:57 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline Northern Star

• Stateless
Re: Membership Renewala
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »
Didn't something like this happen last year, initially they were offering the same renewal stuff as the previous year, then they changed it.  Typical total disorganisation of U2.com.   >:(  My renewal is December so not heard anything yet.

daveyg

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:07:23 AM »
Another reason why I have never touched u2.com with a 10 foot bargepole. I haven't yet been given or heard good reason to part with my hard earned cash, Im afraid.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:04:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just recieved  notice of my renewal membership for November , and this is unreal , they are giving us another Slane Castle double cd with another t- shirt same as last year . Does anyone else's membership expire in November ?

My membership expires in november too but I haven't received anything yet. However, this things happen every year. I know that people who renewed early got a second copy of the previous year gift, then asked for the new gift and received it as well...

Now, with the Live nation contract and the new album coming up, I don't know what's gonna happen this time.

And it took me 6 months to get the slane CD & t-shirt, so...

mariamontreal

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:05:18 AM »
Well , to be honest, I really do not think I will be renewing this year , twice in a row , that's enough for me . Unless they change it within the next 22 days , I might consider . It's bad enough remasters of music at expensive costs, same stuff over and over , and now duplicates again of cd's and t- shirts. Don't think so .

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »
The problem is just that some renewals are coming due before they've announced the new membership plan. This happened last year, and when they finally announced the new plan, everyone got the new bonus gift. Pretty simple.

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »
Another reason why I have never touched u2.com with a 10 foot bargepole. I haven't yet been given or heard good reason to part with my hard earned cash, Im afraid.

now, now... daveyg! wasn't it you that was telling me to be quiet in regards to the HOPELESSNESS of u2.com while we were in Dublin the other day  ::)

mariamontreal

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 10:51:50 AM »
So are you saying Matt that I am to wait ? If I don't hear anything in the next 21 days , will I still be able to renew my membership ?

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:12:23 AM »
Just got my renewal notice, still no sign of whats the new membership CD is going to be, but it happened quite late last year also.

Surely it's poossible to get the new cd organised earlier in the year, so we don't e-mails saying we can get a cd we already have from last year.

I am guessing the CD will be live from the Vertigo Tour from the 2006 4th leg - South America or the 5th leg - Australia/New Zealand/Japan/Hawaii

as, we have already had 8 live tracks on the U2 Communication fanclub CD's from Vertigo 2005.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 11:42:21 AM »
So are you saying Matt that I am to wait ? If I don't hear anything in the next 21 days , will I still be able to renew my membership ?

Matt (I believe) is saying that should you choose to renew, you'll get the updated gift at a later time.  With the strong possibility of a tour next year, I would think those who have stuck it out this long would renew for the possible advantage during ticket sales...should a tour come to pass.

daveyg

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 05:57:05 AM »

now, now... daveyg! wasn't it you that was telling me to be quiet in regards to the HOPELESSNESS of u2.com while we were in Dublin the other day  ::)

hehehe - that's the polite way of putting it! OK OK. I'll ne'er rant again about u2.com. Unless I'm drunk or pushed to it. Or if someone goes insane and starts singing it's glory. opps..... Ill stop now.

Offline bobafett90210

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 04:46:14 AM »

My membership expires in november too but I haven't received anything yet. However, this things happen every year. I know that people who renewed early got a second copy of the previous year gift, then asked for the new gift and received it as well...

Now, with the Live nation contract and the new album coming up, I don't know what's gonna happen this time.

And it took me 6 months to get the slane CD & t-shirt, so...

My renewal was up in 2 days, and I just received my 2nd set of Slane Castle CDs, with an email saying the shirt I had ordered was out of stock and would be back in stock soon...

I'll be emailing Fanfire this morning with the complaint, so please cross fingers that they send me the new gift as well.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 07:49:28 PM »
I confess I joined earlier this year for the possible chance at advance ticket sales. I've always come to @U2 for news and interesting things for free.  But I like this site so much I think I would pay to be here.  But I'm glad I don't have to!  This beats U2.com by far.

Offline twisted fish

• Babyface
  • Buy the ticket, take the ride.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 10:00:08 PM »
In my opinion, the membership is only worthwhile if they can guarantee ticket pre-sale or something similar to that. Their "exclusives" aren't that great, and pop up on other sites pretty quickly.

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 04:22:43 AM »
I have every sympaty for Bajagirl having to deal with so many frustrated members, but there is really no excuse for the renewal date coming around AGAIN with no decision about what to give the fans. They've had 12 months to think of something suitable, so why are stuffing us around now.  ???

On that point, anyone want to hazard a guess about what exclusive we may get? I will admit that I've liked the audio-CD versions of the live DVD's as it means you can load them on your ipod and listen at leisure. Wouldn't complain if we got Popmart or Chicago this year. Better still if it was something never previously released. After all the dramas in the past, I'd be wary of any priority ticket sales.