Author Topic: Bono's Evolving Looks  (Read 9002 times)

Offline connorfin22

• Intellectual Tortoise
Bono's Evolving Looks
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »
What do you think of bono's evolving look?

Do you like the leather jacket and sunglasses or before when he was just himself. Whats your favourite Bono eras?

It almost seems like he is a different person every few years
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:34:07 PM by connorfin22 »

Gone

Re: Bono's Evolving Looks
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
Best looking Bono is ZooTV era Bono.
I'd give second to second-half of 360 Bono.

I think the worst looking Bono was the after Elevation-and-sometimes-during-Vertigo-tour-Bono.

The others are just cool.

And I do like the sunglasses and leather. Bono looks a lot older without shades.

Offline TheLarryMullenBand

• Numb
  • Let's go to places no one else has been
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I think he looked his best during Joshua Tree to Zoo TV. He looked fine during Elevation and Vertigo, but I didn't like when he had his hair short on Popmart and 360. 360 in particular looked really bad in my opinion, with his hair and the leather he wore on the second half of the tour. I think he's much better suited with longer hair in my opinion, I don't think the short hair looks very good, especially on 360. 

Offline Allie79

• Numb
  • Mild, green and squeaky clean
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 07:59:50 PM »
Bono should stop wearing those ridiculous high shoes, he should shave and stop wearing those godawful shades.

Offline may2

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:09:33 AM »
His hair is dyed too dark with his heavily lined face it really ages him.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
My favorite look of his was black hair and leather jackets during Zoo TV. He had definitely improved his fashion sense by the time the 90's came around. I prefer his shadeless look  to with shades- he had beautiful blue eyes that are hidden too often. I believe Bono doesn't need the shades, but I guess he's gotten used to wearing them by now.

Personally I think Bono is one of the few rock stars to age gracefully, as in he looks just as good now as he did back then.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The lines..oh yes, they just came out of nowhere, didn't they?  In certain lighting they don't pop out all that much, but other times, it's like you can see a few tic tac toe games on Bono's face (hate to put it that way..) But yes, Bono looks rather natural with Black hair, but I don't object to the natural Brown.  In fact, that would be good on him right about now..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:10:55 PM by Kurukira »

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
I thought he looked great in the Chicago DVD....

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 06:20:44 AM »
Bono should stop wearing those ridiculous high shoes, he should shave and stop wearing those godawful shades.

In fairness to Bono, I think it is much tougher for a man to be short than a woman.  Women under 5'4" are thought as adorable, pretty, petite, baby dolls.  With men, they can be made fun of.  This may have been the case with Bono.  If he feels better wearing heels or platform shoes, then he should.  I have seen many times in the press, where Bono is made fun of for his looks.  Cruel comments, more so in the UK than in the States, such as "Blobo" diminutive, ugly, aged in dog years, sodden mountain goat and etc.  Are hurtful to say about anyone.  He has feelings too.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 06:23:23 AM »

He did in Baltimore, Maryland 2011 too.  Very fit and thank goodness, no problems with his legs and back.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »

People can look good with color treated black or dark brown hair as they age.  If it was their natural color when they were young.  I have very dark brown hair and at age 55.  I am getting silver strands, not grey or yellowish.  I would never look good as a blond or lighter colour.  I don't have the complexion for it.

Irish, fair skin with pink undertones, blue-green eyes.  Some of my American friends gently tease me, by calling me "Black Irish."  Which is a legend of course.  Lots of Irish people are natural brunettes. Darker hair, even more so.  Part of my family came from Middleton, County Cork.  They all have very dark brown hair.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 02:53:04 PM »

He did in Baltimore, Maryland 2011 too.  Very fit and thank goodness, no problems with his legs and back.

He goes with the flow, thats all....on vacation, eat drink and be merry,
back to work and shows, work work work and sweat sweat sweat!!!

Offline Rodney T-M

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 10:16:41 PM »
My favorite "look" was the one in between Zoo and Pop eras, around 1994-1996 or so (Passengers era), when he let his hair stay its natural colour and grew out the goatee. Modena with Pavarotti he looks great, as well as at the few award show appearances from around that time as well. Looks like a really Irish poet. 1994 was especially great when his hair was still long. This is in spite of him seeming more stoned in videos from this time than from any other era...

Offline fishcci

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 10:38:23 PM »
I think he's looked cool in all his different looks up to Bomb, which is when he started to look haggard/old. His hair was noticably receding then. I thought he looked cool with short hair during Popmart.No offence, but I hate the way he looks now. He needs to lose weight, his hair looks horrible. Granted, it's hard to find a good hair style when you're losing your hair. He should shave, not doing so makes him look worse.  Plus, the glasses have really got to go!   

Offline TheRealEdge

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Will Follow
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 02:15:40 AM »
Zoo TV period and Pop were his best looks.

I think every 'pop/rock' star has a 'fancy dress' look - a look that is iconic to that person (think Bowie in his Ziggy make up and Prince 'Purple Rain' period - and I think Bono's would be his 'Fly' look.