Author Topic: What is U2s Worst Show?  (Read 8143 times)

Offline Cam501

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: What is U2s Worst Show?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »
I think the Vegas Popmart TV special killed attendance for the 1st N.A leg.  They plain and simply weren't ready yet.  It's not just the Staring at the Sun gaffe, it's also the Pride gaffe where they hadn't figured out Bono could no longer sing it 1/2 step below the album as he had through Zoo TV (albeit with the occasional struggle during Zoo) and had to drop to a full step lower.  For wost shows, Vegas Popmart is up there, so is Saraejevo, so is night two of Tokyo Zoo TV.  They were also exhausted for the second Atlanta Elevation show.  It's hard to pick just one.  Oh and I almost forgot, Nuremburg Popmart was pretty awful too.  His voice didn't completely give out like Saraejevo, but it was pretty bad all night long.

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: What is U2s Worst Show?
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 01:47:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the Vegas Popmart TV special killed attendance for the 1st N.A leg.  They plain and simply weren't ready yet.  It's not just the Staring at the Sun gaffe, it's also the Pride gaffe where they hadn't figured out Bono could no longer sing it 1/2 step below the album as he had through Zoo TV (albeit with the occasional struggle during Zoo) and had to drop to a full step lower.  For wost shows, Vegas Popmart is up there, so is Saraejevo, so is night two of Tokyo Zoo TV.  They were also exhausted for the second Atlanta Elevation show.  It's hard to pick just one.  Oh and I almost forgot, Nuremburg Popmart was pretty awful too.  His voice didn't completely give out like Saraejevo, but it was pretty bad all night long.

Yeah I always wondered with Pride at that Vegas show.... why did he not sing the first verse? Not like it's difficult: it's an octave below the chorus (which he still did an OKAY job of singing)